Well folks, we almost made it one year...a year without terror, sleeplessness and tiptoeing...but no, I just HAD to straighten that couch...
After a nice hard run and an enjoyable soak in the hot tub, dinner was on the stove, everything was happy, calm, enjoyable. The red slip cover that is covering our couch was coming out and dragging on the floor. The sloppiness was ruining my zen mood, so I decided to straighten it. I tucked the slip cover in my the arm rest and then moved to the back to start straightening the seat cushions. I moved a large gold pillow out of the way, tucked in the slip cover and then ...up came crawling a 2 1/2 inch COCKROACH...and no, I might even be underestimating the size. (I am still shaking writing this just thinking of it!) Understatement of the day: I freaked. FREAKED. Lots of questions going through my mind: HOW? WHY ME? WHEN? NOW WHAT? I started pacing the house and instructed Robby that being the man of the house- this was his responsibility. Poor guy- he hates them just as much as me. He grabbed a Tupperware and jittery walked to the back of the couch- where it was now making its decent. And walla- the little bugger was GONE. The hunt was ON. Robby was sure it had made its way up between the slip cover and the couch, so he slowly started removing the cover. He asked me to stand on the other side of the couch so that I could see where it went. About 3/4 into the way of removing the cover out jumped the nasty creature and what did it do? Yeah- it started flying RIGHT AT ME. I was gone- gone gone gone...I booked it to the bathroom and slammed the door. Gosh- come to think about it...if I had flying cockroaches following me in the marathon, I'd probably finish pretty darn quickly! After a few seconds I heard a WHACK...Robby had trapped the cockroach between the wall and the big Tupperware he was using. Now the issue: What to do with it? With a body 2 1/2-3 inches long, antennas that stretch another 2 inches and WINGS...that dang thing was invincible. I wanted it dead, oh I wanted it dead...but I had a feeling that once we put it in the toilet it would fly out. So, Robby finally figured out a way to get it off the wall, and out the window. Yeah- no more open windows for now...those kind don't live here, they FLY in here- so I'm doing alright. It is only the 2nd one I've ever seen here...and certainly the first of that size (anywhere) so I'm pretty confident that there isn't any others...or at least that's the line of crap I gotta feed myself to make it all be okay. :)
It was a horrible, terrible, disgusting experience that I'm really alright with not ever going through again. Ugh- I am now a girl interrupted. But, I'm pretty sure it gave you all a little chuckle...and thanks, thanks for laughing at the expensive of my misfortune. :)
The fuzzy pic is my picture...look at those LEGS...but wanted you to see the disgusting thing up close...hence the nice pic on the right.

2 comments:
Ewwwww.... nasty! Did you make sure he didn't make a nest in your house? I have heard that those things lay eggs in like 10 seconds.... then go away.... and then come back to check on them a couple days later.... dun dun dun..... just kidding. No really, I just made that up.
Gina
You're horrible! I'm so stinkin' gullible when it comes to those creatures I was about to call the pest company! :) How are YOU and the little man growing in your belly? Are you still working? How's Jaycee and Ben???
Post a Comment