Saturday, July 4, 2009

Baby's First Quilt

Robby and I got a surprise in the mail last week- our baby's first quilt! My Grandma Jo appliqued this quilt with a sheet and a pillow case to match...it's adorable. I love those chubby little clowns! The quilt seems so small in my hands- crazy that it'll look so huge covering a tiny little baby!
You might be wondering where we are going to put a baby in a 1 bedroom, 850sq ft condo. Her bedroom (there I go with the she again) will be on the lanai. No, it isn't open! A lanai is a "deck" and ours is enclosed- so while windows open the length of it, they close too. :) Once we move some things around there will be room for 3 things: our glider, a crib, and a dresser...gonna be tight quarters, but it'll make a cute little room, and the baby doesn't need too much space- at least for now!
We're 15 weeks along now- and I'm feeling much better. Other than a few queasy nights, that seems to have passed- for the most part. Our baby is now 4 inches long and weighs 2.5 ounces. He now frowns, smiles, swallows, and they say if you shine a flashlight on your belly he'll move away from light, even though his eyelids are fused together. This journey is all so amazing. There's a gal at work who always says- "I just think it's so amazing that you start with these two cells and then boom, boom, boom, they are a cluster and then boom, boom, boom, there's an ear- exactly where it needs to be- how does it know to put it there, not on the shoulder???" I have only one answer for this amazing, mind boggling 9 months: God.
Last night we watched "My Sister's Keeper"- wow, what a heart puller that was. If you aren't in the mood to sob- don't go. It's interesting the view you take on movies once you're a parent- even though out little one is still growing inside of me, we both definitely watched this movie from more of a parent standpoint then we ever have before...and I think it "hit" us more than it would have normally.
I have my hubby home this weekend after 3 weeks of him working weekends- so we're off to play...hiking, body boarding (yes, him only), beach BBQing, movie on the beach, running and surfing are all in our future...I can't wait! Happy 4th of July- now go seize your weekend and have FUN!!!

No comments: