Monday, November 30, 2009

36 weeks and FOUR remaining!!!

We're getting CLOSER!!! I make 37 weeks on Friday and can hardly believe we're already at that number. I'm sad the pregnancy is almost over...and it's not that I'm not thrilled to pieces to meet Sydney, it's just that there's only 4 more weeks of my life that I get to have her squirming inside and with me every second- the anticipation of what she'll look like, the amazement that we're going to have a daughter, etc. Obviously I haven't reached that "GET HER OUT OF ME!" stage yet! However, things definitely are getting slightly more cramped...I had to get up twice last night instead of my normal once and meals are definitely tiny now....which I don't mind b/c that just means I get to eat more frequently- and what pregnant woman doesn't like to eat???

My nesting hero...Robby has done so much to get this little condo ready for our daughter. Last weekend he moved everything for the carpet cleaners, washed all windows- which isn't easy as you have to lean out the window 14 stories up and while it probably doesn't bother short people, having more than 50% of your body hanging out a window is a bit uncomfortable! He's washed walls, painted, cleaned, cleaned and then cleaned some more...and all with a smile and a "What's next on the list?" attitude. He's going to miss this nesting phase...NOT! After what seems like 2 months of weekend projects to do we are finally ready to welcome this little girl into our lives. Well, not QUITE, I still haven't washed any of her clothes. That's my chore for this week/end.


Just practicing to make sure we know how to wear the Baby Bjorn! Doesn't this look so TINY on him?!?!

The finished nursery!!! I LOVE IT- I never expected the nursery to turn out so cute and for me to love it so much- but sitting in the glider rocking and looking around- I love it, love love love it.
From left to right: Polly, Frog and Gus. Polly and Gus are musical boxes and they play the same song. We've been playing Gus at bedtime since we got pregnant- so hopefully Syd likes the sound when she's born and will fall asleep to it...that or kick around wildly which is what she does when I play it at bedtime. Hmmm...this might backfire...

Papa-man and his Sydney.

Back when I first got pregnant my friend Leslie told me to wait until my belly was big and then take a picture holding a coffee cup so that you could see how small the cup looks...I should have used a mini espresso cup and really fooled you all!!!

My egg. :)

No comments: