It was a fun, laid back week...and super nice for me to not be home alone all week! Robby got to take the entire time they were here off from work and he did a bang up job of playing tour guide. I'm always amazed at how much he knows about this place when company comes to town...maybe he should go into the tour guide business! We did lots and Sydney joined in on everything except for one day trip to the North Shore. She's finally great in the car, but when it's time to kick around and play- who wants to be buckled into a five point harness car seat? Not Sydney...and she lets us know!!!
Opa (Grandpa) with his "Sweetie".
Oma with her "Schnookie Mouse or Schnookie Poo". She smiled every time Elli would come up and say "Hello Schnookie Poo!"
Um, yes...this is my awesome 65 year old father-in-law swinging from a Banyan tree. You only live once- seize the moment and that's exactly what this man does. I love it!
Sydney was Baptized while they were here and it turned out to be quite an event. The little lady sat wonderfully through church and then ended up falling asleep in my arms...WITHOUT being swaddled- aaahhhh...she's growing up! :( I digress...then it was time to wake her and change her into her baptismal gown. Oops, silly Mommy didn't think about the fact that it'd been 2 hours since she nursed so about 15 minutes into the baptismal ceremony (about 25 minutes total) little missy started breaking down. Let me put it to you real simple: The only way to quiet a hungry baby is to put a boob in their mouth. Pacifiers don't work. Swaying doesn't work. "Sydney...Sydney...Shhh...Shhh...Shhh..." doesn't work. So, what's a baptism without a crying baby? Probably real nice and quiet- but I wouldn't know...mine was crying. :)
The gorgeous white gown she was wearing (doesn't she look angelic?) was actually the same one that her daddy wore when he was baptized. Amazingly it is 40 years old and still looks brand new. All of his brothers and nieces and nephews have been baptized in it so it was pretty cool to keep the tradition going with Syd.
I never thought we were the same height- but looking at this picture, I guess we are. Probably the same weight too...although I tried my darnedest to fatten him up while he was here. Nope, blessed with a super fast metabolism.

We went to the Byodo-In temple (Valley of the Temples)- what a gorgeous place. This picture was taken about 3 minutes before Sydney had a monster poop while Oma was carrying her that went out of the diaper and all over her onesie. Good thing I threw in an extra one last minute...yikes.
We got to celebrate Robby's 30th birthday while they were here by going to one of our favorites- Dukes. In case any of you are wondering what I got him (as my previous post said it was a secret)...it was private lessons to learn how to play the Ukulele. He purchased one when we moved here and has been wanting to learn how to play, so both of our families chipped in and we got him a GC to learn how to play it. He was thrilled!
A peek at our silliness:
Joe & Elli- thanks SO much for making the long trip to see us and for spoiling us and the little cutie. I married into a wonderful family.
1 comment:
Awesome. I love all the anecdotes about poo & breast milk, isn't life so different & better? I seriously need you to post a video once Robbie learns to play the Ukulele. Good work wifey :)
Post a Comment