Syd is everywhere and nowhere all at once. She hasn't learned to crawl yet (Thank you, Lord) but I fear she is moments away. I do feel a bit selfish for not wanting her to take off, because most Mom's view it as an exciting milestone. Here's why: I have 15 cockroach traps that I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH when she starts crawling. Throwing them away? Not an option...NO cockroaches!!! Anyway, she is up on all fours, can get herself into sit, can pull herself up to stand and today I thought she was going to take off. She wiggled her knees a bit forward, but I'm not counting it...not until it's a full-fledged CRAWL. It's fun to watch her on her blanket- somehow she scoots in circles and can get to any toy that she wants bad enough. She has her favorites- a set of small measuring/mixing bowls that I bought for $3.99 at Ross being one of them. Yeah, super pleased about that purchase!
I am obsessed with making baby food. Obsessed. Freezer is full. She's tried an entire laundry list of things and is incredibly non-picky except for when it came to green beans...that was the first food she actually pushed back out and gave me a look like- "How dare you, Mom!" After offering them 3 days in a row with some different fruit purees, she's on board. It makes me happy to see those frozen ice cubes of food every day...they're so colorful and bright and they look just like the pictures in the book. Oh, and they taste good...why didn't I ever think to steam and puree plums to drizzle over vanilla ice cream before?
My wonderful hubby is so tightly wound around her finger it's scary. Adorably scary. She lights up like a Christmas tree when he comes home. She still giggles more for him than she does for me and recently she has been working on her fake laugh. Yes- you guessed right...Mommy gets the fake laugh (pity laugh) and Daddy gets the real one when he gets home. Oh well, no one ever said life was fair! He's playing basketball for FHB (the bank) and has enjoyed playing again...except for the fact that he twisted one ankle two weeks in a row and the next week pulled his back. Isn't my husband too young to be this old? I tell him he should stick to running- he never gets hurt running, but I supposed basketball is just a part of him. Always has been, probably always will be. I bet Syd runs circles around him on the court when she gets older. ;) Probably because he'll let her.
We're both still running. Marathon training has begun and no, I haven't committed. If I change my mind I'll surely post it so that I'll have to hold myself accountable, but for now I'm enjoying running with the group 3 times a week, building my mileage, and not worrying about a marathon goal. Yet.
We bought a pass to the Honolulu Zoo, and we enjoyed a trek around there last weekend. My personal opinion? Why do they have to put 50 different birds in the zoo? Seriously...cheap, cheap filler. Who wants to see birds- it takes 5 minutes just to spot the ugly brown thing anyways! They do have hippos...which are my favorite as they are just so stinking massive. They lay in the water and do summer salts, poop, and then eat their poop. They have rhino's, giraffes, chimps, toads and everything else you can imagine. The elephant exhibit is underway as they are turning it from 3000 sqft to 27,000 sqft. What IDIOT thought it would be cool to put two HUGE elephants in 3000 sqft in the first place?
One of the oh-so-many reasons I love this man: he takes time to point EVERYTHING out to Sydney. He dressed her this morning and I love how he made them matchy-match.
It took a long time before I realized this wasn't a statue- it really is Turtle Dominos!
Cuddling her Daddy = Daddy feeling like a MILLION bucks. This is a new thing, and he is thrilled.
"Hi! I'm Sydney!" This is the signature wave that you'll get if you're one of the many walker-by's that happen upon us. Sometimes even the trees get hello's. (P.S. Totally rockin' an 18 month size skirt...who makes these sizes up?!?)
My little hula girl.
And a good 'ol shot of my teeth!!!
2 comments:
Yay! A new post. So when's the next one? I like how you glossed over the chimps and toad. Funny. I miss that Peanut so it was fun to see her again and that cute little wave ... I need a video of that please. Thank you. Nice talking with you yesterday. Love you all, MISS you more! MOM
Well you know most kids aren't GIANT at age almost 8 months... you have to remember who her parents are :) Miss you tons and hope you get to come home soon.
Post a Comment