Thursday, August 5, 2010

Seven. Months. What. Happened?!?!?!

Sydney is officially closer to one year old than she is her birth date. Yikes. I was telling my husband last night that I feel like I'm holding on to a slippery rope and just can't grasp it hard enough to make it stop falling. That rope is time and while I love the new things she does each and every day, there's a sadness that this too will pass and she won't be this little again.

I've decided it's this stage/age that make people want to have more babies. She's so responsive and smiley...it takes just a glance her way and she's all grins. She's learned she can lean forward reaaaaaly far and get that toy in front of her by getting up on all 3's, sometimes 4's before crashing down. She loves to stand and seems so proud of herself when she uses my arm to pull herself up. She cuddles. Did you read that? She CUDDLES. I never thought I would have a cuddly baby (b/c she wasn't at the beginning) but now she does and oh my sweet Georgia Pie, melt me! She reaches for you- and it doesn't matter who you are- you get reached at. She copy cats- stick your tongue out, blow raspberries, pop your mouth, and you're likely to get a 19 pound echo. It's these reasons and so much more that one day I will look at my husband and say- "Ready for another?"

We've embarked on the exciting world of solids. I'm preparing them at home and having a blast doing it- my favorite is popping out those colorful ice cubes after their frozen. :) I think she enjoys it, but she doesn't scarf it down like I thought she would. She's a rather dainty eater who enjoys feeding herself...or flinging the food everywhere...same thing, right?

"Mom, don't let it drip down my chin, please, I want to stay clean for the picture."

"That cereal makes me thirsty! Where's the water???"

One of our favorite things to do- picnic with Daddy on his lunch break! What's better than seeing your man half way through the day?!? Naaaaathing!!!

Check out those teeth!!!

She enjoyed an apple pop (frozen apple puree) while we ate lunch.

Ooooh, yeah...rockin' the shades.

This is her Cadillac as we like to call it...who wouldn't want to have a comfy chair like this to be pushed around in? Her new thing is to suck on the car seat attachment bar.

Ready, Set, Go! I'm holding on!!!

I've saved the best for last. As the days pass, the giggles increase and we got some good ones last night. There's no better sound than the uncontrolled giggles of a happy baby.



Thank you, Sydney, for filling our lives with unmatchable joy and excitement for each new day with you.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I'm back in town and tired and while I TRIED to go to bed without looking at your blog, I failed. I have to see what's new at the Gerichs household and of course I see that sweet peanut staring out at me. I just know she wonders where that really nice gray haired lady went -- HERE I AM! COME AND GET ME SYDNEY! What a fun age she's at -- learning so much each day. I'm on your side Meg ... just hold that rope tighter and enjoy this time. Your words remind me of the country song You'll Miss This. Not sure if that is the title, but it's a special time for you for sure -- which makes me HAPPY. Love, Mom