Auntie Ro- this post is for you. She gently reminded me that it's been quite a while since I've posted pictures of little miss thang by saying- "You must be pretty busy...I keep checking the blog and nothing is new."
So...what on earth have we been up to? Mastering the art of walking. It's the new craze in the Gerichs household- toys are boring, books are ok sometimes, crawling is for babies, but walking...walking is what it's all about. Walking along the furniture, taking 3 steps to the table, climbing in and under the chairs, getting stuck, going back through, walking along the cabinet doors in the kitchen, circling around and around the Bob, holding on to my finger and pacing back and forth and going into each room...ALL DAY LONG. Her record is 8 steps to her Daddy and sometimes she'll take off on her own and make it a few steps to transfer herself between pieces of furniture that she can cling on to should she need it. She doesn't like to hold both of your hands when she walks- just one, and she would prefer to have an object in the other hand. If she falls over and needs to get back up, she refuses to use both hands and will struggle until she makes it up with one. My brother asked me if she was proud of herself, and actually- I don't think she is. Sometimes she'll smile really big after walking the 3 steps to me, and other times she just looks at me like- "Yeah, so- it's called walking Mom and you do it, so why are you so excited that I'm doing it?"
She's a friendly little lady- still waving at everyone when you ask her- "Can you say hi?" We were at the Hilton yesterday (on our adventure walk) and there's a nice patch of grass, so we spent 30 minutes walking in circles and this little girl came up to her and sat on the grass about 3 feet away. Sydney let go of my hand and walked over to the little girl. She goes- "Wow, she's not shy at all, huh?" Stumped myself, I replied- "I guess not!" We went on to talk a little more and finally she goes- "Is she yours?" It was a warm fuzzy moment as I smiled and said- "Yes, she is."
 |
| Did I mention we now have 2 top teeth? Thankfully they are here and out of the way as they caused many a restless nights, abnormal fussiness and a yucky, runny nose! My friend Laura thinks she should be Madonna for Halloween b/c of the gap- hmmm...might be an idea for the years to come! |
 |
| Oh how we LOVE Hello Kitty. Hello Kitty gets more hugs than anyone in this household...combined. |
 |
| When Sydney feeds herself, the tray, table, carpet, and hair get pretty full. |
| | |
|
 |
| We'll call you Carrot Top. |
 |
| Along with walking around the Bob, we like to practice our rope climbing/swinging/balancing act. |
 |
| Yes, we talked about this pose before I took the picture. |
 |
| Oh how I wish I had a penny for this girls thoughts. Check out how she's on her tippy toes...LOVE IT! |
 |
| "Sydney, remember to be gentle with Helaina- no head slapping please." |
 |
| "But Mom- she's the perfect height! How about just one or two?" |
 |
| Guess she doesn't "get" gentle yet. We're workin' on it. |
 |
| Sharing a cracker with Daddy- who will get the bigger half? |
 |
| It's mine- ALL MINE!!! |
 |
| Just because these pictures are going to be a past time soon and I adore her crawl. |
 |
| Point in case- walking around the Bob is loads of fun!!! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
I think that catches me up a bit until the next snap happy moment...which will most certainly be this weekend as it's Halloween!!!
3 comments:
Megan, you are too funny ... really. Or is it Sydney that is too funny ... really. What a great post. I don't know who Aunt Ro is but thank you Aunt Ro! I loved Carrot Top, and the photo of Syd side view eating the cracker with her dad. Wow, that girl has some wild hair growing. I didn't realize how long it was getting. Those pictures and captions with Helaina were priceless. So, so funny. My goodness, that girl of yours has some heighth over her. Did any of the clothes fit that I just sent or were they too short? Dang, should have purchased the 18 months afer all. Live and learn Gramma, live and learn. Love, MOM
Oh my Megan she is growing so fast!! I feel a tear. What a blessing. Love that she is already walking. Great blog for sure!!!
She looks so different! SO much like a little lady now. I love that bikini-I am sure I could squeeze in :0)
& the "Carrot Top" joke :) very funny.
Post a Comment