Saturday, December 18, 2010

North Shore, We Love You

Some days I hate Hawaii.  It feels like groundhogs day- the weather is always beautiful...ok, well- most of the time.  There is a total fluctuation of about 10 degrees all year round.  The beach is always full of tourists, the streets are always full of traffic.  The apartment is always only 800 sqft.  99% of you are wondering what is wrong with me...how can I make such a fuss about living in Hawaii???  Well, some days you just want QUIET...and some days you just want it to be FREEZING (without cranking the a/c up as high as you can) and some days you want to see leaves fall, trees bare and so on.  Plus, it's hard to be in a gloomy mood when the sun is shining.  And some days- you just need to be in a gloomy mood.

And then we go to the North Shore and I give myself a kick in the arse for how I forget to appreciate the beautiful place that we get to live.  It's a refresher, a clean start to a better attitude.  It's quiet, beautiful, spacious, small and homey.  I wouldn't mind living on that side of the Island...except that my husband's commute would be 2 hours each way.

We haven't been to the North Shore in over a year...ridiculous, I know.  We used to visit it monthly at least and haven't made the trek since Sydney was born.  And then Uncle Danny came to town- and Uncle Danny NEEDED to see the North Shore.  So, we went...and I fell in love with the North Shore all over again.  


"Only YOU can prevent forest fires!"

Aloha Danny!!!





No, I didn't bury her...OK, yes I did.

1 comment:

MOM said...

What a revealing post ... and one I now understand more than ever after visiting you four times. The thing I always appreciate the most about coming home is how quiet it is around here. I have been thinking of you practically non-stop tho. I really loved my time there and watching that funny girl. The "only you can prevent forest fires" picture was so funny. Such a serious little thinker at times and people can never get how sweet and precious she is until they spend time with her. I'm so glad Danny got that time, and wow, I hadn't realized how long it had been since you'd been to the North Shore. Anyway, I'm glad we got to go again too so I could watch Grandma in the waves. It's a cool place for sure. Well, Meg, it snowed here again last night, and as much as you would like to see it, I'm not so excited by it. I would much rather be on your side of the island working on my fading tan with you guys. Love you much, miss you more! MOM XX00