Thursday, December 23, 2010

Two Weeks

That's how long we got to enjoy the company of my Mom and Grandma Jo.  Two weeks that flew by much too quickly.  Two weeks that created lasting memories, lots of laughs and used entirely too much space on my computer for all the adorable pictures taken.  Two weeks that gave them a peek at what Sydney is like- not through a picture or a flip video or Skype, but some real quality time to learn and appreciate HER.  Her personality, quirks, character, smile, and the joy that she brings to Robby and I's life.

Needless to say, Sydney took to both of them immediately.  She walked right up to Mom in the airport and into her arms.  Grandma Jo brought a homemade Raggedy Andy doll for her and that's all it took- they were buddies from the get-go.  She took her hand and walked all the way down the airport terminal without even looking back once...ONCE to see if I was still around.




One happy and lucky little Granddaughter!!!

Love the smilies here.

Definitely a favorite here.








































































We took them to Ko'Olina Beach- which is known for their sea turtles.  I talked the place up quite a bit and it definitely didn't dissapoint. I'm pretty sure this was my Mom's favorite part of the entire trip (next to spending two solid weeks with her favorite Granddaughter, of course).  It ended up being an absolutely beautiful day- with tons of kelp and four hungry turtles to feed.























A little over halfway into their stay I received a knock on the door.  Note:  nobody knocks on my door.  EVER...so it caught me off guard.  I looked through the peep hole to see who it was but it had been covered with a bag of Harry & David Moose Munch coffee (my favorite).  My initial thought was that Robby had rec'd a package and came home early- showing me that we'd gotten the coffee in the mail.  And then I saw the fingers...and in an instant, I knew whose fingers those were.  I flung the door open and here is who I saw:



















 Yeah, so it brings tears to my eyes just reliving it.  My Dad surprised me and flew to Hawaii to see us and watch me run the Marathon.  His first words were "Mom forgot the coffee, so I had to bring it."  An amazing surprise that no one besides him and my Mom knew about...I think Grandma was floored too. 

It goes without saying that Syd was enamored with her Grandpa also.  In all honesty, I think she's quite bored now that it's just her and I.  After 2 weeks of having endless playmates, people to take her into the ocean (because it's too cold for me), new people to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with- I'm pretty boring.





















 























 



















So the marathon...what can I say besides...it's OVER!!!  It was just me running this year...guess we are on the take-turns schedule...Robby's turn next. ;)  I set out to beat my first years time (3:58) and did so by 16 minutes...coming in at 3:42.  I couldn't have been more pleased with my time and the run I had.  The weather was beautiful, the run felt great and I gave it everything I had.  There were 20,700 runners this year and I was #645 overall...not shabby for me!

My fan club who pumped me up before hand, cheered me on during and celebrated with me after wards.  So glad you were all there!!!



You know how I know this man loves me?  I get done running, sopping wet with sweat and water from the shower...he comes up un-hesitantly and gives me the biggest hug he can, not even pausing to think that I'm going to drench him in smelly sweat.  Thank you, babe for your constant encouragement throughout this entire process...for sacrificing your training so that I could spend hours away doing it, for believing in me and for being there at the end to give me exactly what I wanted...a hug from you.  I love you!!!
 
I miss all three of you- the daily conversations, laughs, sniffs, smiles, being spoiled (isn't that selfish???), watching the love and adoration you have for Sydney and the adorable ways you interact with her, and your presence.  Love you all, our turn next.  ;o)  



2 comments:

MOM said...

omHi Meg, yah, I've been meaning to talk with you about the photo usage on your computer but it looks like you already noticed! I am working on resolving it by getting things uploaded to Snapfish so you can delete my file and create more space. You might want to go in and delete the January file too. I know Robby works hard at keeping enough space for YOUR photos, let alone mine. Must tell you though that it makes me proud that you are following in my footsteps and keeping up to date with photos of that every changing chunk of sweetness. My goodness how she's changed since you were here in July!!!! Looking forward to the Christmas Post. Love you lots and hope your homemade pizza and Pepsi hit the spot. XXO MOM

Angela said...

I know how you feel...We just got home last night from spending a week with Kelly's parents. I imagine today will be a bit of a letdown for Eleanor - I just don't entertain her like her doting grandparents!

Good job on the marathon, BTW! What a tremendous accomplishment!