Scootch over ribs...there's a new baby on board!!! Sydney is going to be a BIG SISTER!!! While she has absolutely, positively no idea what this means (or what is coming), it's precious to hear her say "Big Grrrrrl Seester". We are excitedly expecting the newest member of our little family come April and I couldn't be more thrilled at the fact that it's an April baby...I've always wanted one of those! :)
Not that most of you care, but for all intensive blogging purposes, I must write about how I feel and how it is being pregnant thus far. First off- I'm 10 weeks today. It's already a completely different experience than it was being pregnant with Sydney and while I'm going to try really hard not to do comparisons (from the start) on the difference between my babies, I am going to about the differences I'm feeling while pregnant. I'm so ridiculously tired it's pathetic. It seems like my entire life has been moved aside and all that matters is sleep. I'm a sleep addict and I'll do anything for it. Blogging, reading, phone calls, e-mails, house cleaning, food prepping...all of it has taken a back seat to SLEEP. I nap with Sydney daily. I don't get to bed past 10 and just last night I had face washed, teeth brushed and eyes out by 8:15. If I'm not sleeping, I'm thinking about when I can sleep again. Maybe I'm getting too much sleep? Not possible.
I'm peeing ALL THE TIME. With Syd I wasn't getting up in the middle of the night to pee until month 8 and even then it was once a night. I'm getting up at least twice now, and it's more of an emergency than an uncomfortably full bladder. TMI? Sorry.
I'm nauseous and while I know that I probably shouldn't complain about that since I'm not puking my brains out and numerous Mom's I know have had that lovely experience, it still sucks. It's the worst at night after dinner and when I lay down for bed. I have my hopes set on this ending at week 12, so hope with me, please!
We're going to use a Midwife and deliver at a Birthing Center this time around. After successfully going natural in a hospital setting with no complications, we're both comfortable with this decision. If anything should arise, we are 2 short blocks from the hospital. I'm thrilled about this and have high expectations for a shorter, if not less painful labor. Eh, shorter will work as I'd probably be stupid to wish for painless. Duh.
As excited as I am that my belly is going to get big, little kicks are soon to follow and a sweet addition to hold is coming...I'm no sugar-coater and there have been days that have ended in tears with me asking Robby - "What have we done?" It's all been a little overwhelming thanks to the exhaustion and nausea and while Sydney is a good kid, she keeps me busy, busy, busy. I know I'm not the first Mom of multiples that has asked "How am I going to do it with two? How will I love both the same?" so I don't feel guilty for questioning that myself. I'm sure I don't even have a clue of the amount of love that will pour into our lives in 7 short months...and I'll look back at this post and wonder how I could have ever thought any of it.
Oh, and a funny story...cause that's just what this post needs. The night we found out we were pregnant I was taking a video of Sydney and Robby telling the camera we were pregnant. Sydney was holding the pee stick and just as quick as can be she popped that lid off and....stuck that stick in her mouth. I'm not kidding....20 months old and EVERYTHING still goes in the mouth. Eyeyeyeye.
That's all from this mama for now- the bed looks ooooooohhhhhhhh sooooo cooooozzzzyyyy. Sweet Dreams!
9 years ago
3 comments:
YAY!!!! Congrats! I did not see this coming so it was a fun surprise to catch on facebook & the blog! It is gonna be great...so great, you will be glad you got all that sleep :D
fantastic!!!!! I felt like I was reading my own thoughts and words. Can't believe the pee stick story! ewwww. This cute little ladies can sure gross us out in such a loveable way.
Though we are not as close in geography, I'm honored to be sharing another pregnancy with you my friend.
I have no doubt you will be just as an amazing momma with baby 2 as you have been with Syd.
Congrats Congrats Congrats and here's to 2nd trimester.
Much love!
Big girl sister is going to have plenty to do fetching diapers and helping care for baby ... and she can push him/her in her little stroller. How cute will that be. He he. It' going to be quite the ride for sure. And I agree with Laura on the pee stick story ... ewwww ... that's just wrong in every way.
Post a Comment