Monday, January 9, 2012

A Mouse A Cookie

There was a lot of excitement and anticipation built up for our big "A Mouse A Cookie" birthday party...












The party was themed around Sydney's favorite book...'If You Give a Mouse a Cookie".  We started talking about it a month ago, so when the big day came we were READY!  I was most excited about the guest of honor that made his appearance at the party...and she was pretty thrilled too...MOUSE was there.


















I found him on e-bay for $10.  He was naked...the ones that came with overalls cost a whopping $30.  So, I bought the naked one, got out some blue felt, my glue gun and gave the little bugga some overalls.  He was a perfect addition to our cookie cupcakes.


Mouse is getting a hug while Syd's eating a cookie...I think that was her fourth?  She stole a few when we weren't watching...
We held the party at an indoor jungle gym thing, as it's a bit chilly out for anything outside and my tiny apartment wasn't going to house 11 of her buddies, their parents and her Grandparents.  The kids got to play for an hour and while they all played hard, I think my big kid-at-heart husband played the hardest.  Those 9 year olds are HARD to catch!!!  I was predicting that his hips, back and knees would be killing him today...and I was right.  Man, he's getting old, but kudos to him for his youthful spirit!!!


Sweet Cooper enjoying the balls!






















After playtime, it was time to eat a "Mouse Lunch".  Mice don't eat big meals, they nibble...so that's what these little mice got to do!!!











The goodie bags were filled to go with the opening lines of the book:  "If you give a mouse a cookie, he's going to ask for a glass of milk.  When you give him the milk, he'll probably ask you for a straw."   The cookie and milk where hand made candy bags that were stuffed with goodies and then sewn shut. 

















What's a party without a birthday song and a candle to blow out???











I feel like we're "officially" parents now that we've thrown our first party.  It was a fun day, made extra special by the friends and family who were a part of it and who constantly show Sydney how much she's loved.  Thank you to everyone for your generosity, your friendship and your love!!!  Happy Birthday sweet girl!!!
Granny Jo Jo

Quincy


Taylor - MJ's new 'girlfriend'...I love how she's busy eating turkey while he snuggles with her! 

Emma & Hannah

Kolbie


Parker

Special thanks to Gramma who took all these pictures to remember it by!!!

Charlie Man

Mmmmm....and pizza (thanks for the tip, Laura!)

Michala

3 comments:

Laura - one tired mama. said...

And I will be lucky to serve people dinner for H's ;o)
Actually Rochelle is planning for me.

I love love love the party and how big your little girl is getting. You are an incredible mommy and Syd and baby two are blessed.

Martha Stewart's got nothing on you. ;o)

mom XXOO said...

I love how we each talked about some of the same things ... ie you're big kid of a husband ... without knowing the other was posting it. Oh, you left Grandma Jo's name off her picture.

Unknown said...

Love Love Love!!! You are such a pro, what a lucky little lady Syd is! Happy Birthday, lil miss!