Robby was wearing Simone in the Beco, so I had to accompany Syd on the roller coaster- something I wasn't too pleased about. I hate roller coasters...even if they are so small that a two year old can go alone...I still hate them. I swallowed my fear and accompanied my brave little girl. Didn't take long before I was squealing in delight with her- waving our hands in the air and screaming as loud as we could together. I'll take the kiddy ones, Daddy can handle the big ones when she gets older as I think she's sold on the roller coaster bit.
Her little friend Natalia joined us at the carnival and it warmed my Mommy heart that she had someone to hold hands, squeal and ride rides with. It was worth all the money paid for those stupid ride tickets. I can't wait for the big fair this year...we're going wrist band style, people.
| We're the fourth seat from the front- hands in the air! |
| Getting ready to ride the roller coaster AGAIN! |
The rodeo was as much fun as the carnival...I enjoyed watching Sydney as she saw bareback riding, calf roping and cowboys for the first time. That night in bed I asked her what her favorite part was and she responded "The big horses. And the small horses. And the little one lay down and wrap up his toes and count one, six, seven and then he runnnnnnnnnns for his cage! And the horse bunked him off!”. Gramma and Grampa joined us and being the awesome Gramma she is, my Mom got right down in the dirt by the fence with Syd so she could watch it all up close. At some point my Mom said something to the tune of "Grand parenting makes everything so much more fun."
| Oh, that bum!!! ♥ |
3 comments:
I said "I love having grandkids" and I do! And I can attest to the fun of hearing those shrills and squeals out of Sydney when she is really, really having a good time. It's joy to my hurting ears! This was a cute post Megan, and I'm so glad for this new little girl friend. :-)
SO funny about the roller coasters! I thought I liked them growing up but now they make my neck hurt ...uggh, I am gettin' old. Although, I would take the coasters over the tadpoles ;) Syd makes a mighty fine cowgirl, though. Be sure to catch the Caldwell Night Rodeo in August, it is my favorite.
Chris and I just catching up on your blog. WOW you have been busy, physically and blogging. Love to see all the things you have been doing. And you my friend did "gussy" some justice. You look hot.
My favorite quote was about the spider monkey. Almost spit out my wine. I also enjoyed the toilet seat kiss. BLlaaaaaaaaaaa.
We are wearing diapers today. Great story I'll tell you when we catch up. Love to you all.
Post a Comment