That's how much time had passed between me saying a tearful goodbye to our friends in Hawaii and the anticipated reuniting we had last weekend. And really, it felt like all of 5 minutes...because they are just the kind of friends that you can pick up where you left off- feel comfortable with and delve into the most honest of conversations. I have to admit, it's hard to find family friends- where you and your
spouse really hit it off with the others and the kids all get along.
It's this fluidness with the Higgs that makes our time spent together so
enjoyable. I love this family!!!

The Higgs Family- Chris, Laura, Helaina and Indigo visited us from LA last weekend. Helaina and Sydney were buds from the beginning- they had no choice. Laura and I became fast friends in our birthing class, and with us both being SAHM's in Hawaii, and playdates at least once a week- they just had to. My hopes were not deflated- the girls were a highlight of the trip. They were buddies from the instant they saw each other to the instant Helaina had to go back on the plane. They played babies, little girls, hid in the cave, played in the sandbox, teeter tottered, ate raisins, giggled, held hands and hugged their way through the weekend. I teared up multiple times seeing them interact and wishing LA and Boise were a bit closer. My favorite thing about Helaina was the hop in her step. That girl is just a hoppy girl- she doesn't walk to get from here to there, she tiptoes or bounces and it's so ridiculously adorable. A happy little skip-hop-jumper that girl is. Oh, and she can EAT. I've always known this, and I continue to be completely amazed at where/how she can fit all that food into that itty bitty belly! She's a caring little girl who gives more hugs than my Sydney, and I didn't think that was possible! A twinkle in her eye and a sweet, sweet voice- there's nothing not to love.
Indigo and Simone were both eaten up by us parents who hadn't met the
other. Laura doted on Simone's chunkiness and I couldn't get over
Indigo's gargantuan smile and the happy demeanor she always has. She's a scooter to no end and definitely has her parent's on their toes. That and everything goes into her mouth!
It was a packed weekend- beautiful family pictures with my Mom that you can view
here, a trip to the pumpkin patch, some playtime at Just Kid'n Around, a trip to Chris' favorite restaurant; Chick-Fil-A, a walk through our neighborhood and some good game/wine drinking/catching up time had by us adults.
Laura and Chris- you're both spectacular parents, the best of friends and you have the most adorable, caring little girls. I can't thank you enough for the memories cemented. Our turn next, and I can't wait!!!
And now...as Laura would say...Picture Palooza!!!
 |
| Double Swing! |
 |
| Um, I love you. |
 |
| And you. ♥ |
 |
| Flatbread Pizza |
 |
| Helaina was dressed first this morning, so Daddy took Syd upstairs and let Syd pick out a skirt and leggings and scarves so they would match. |
 |
| Approving mmmmmm for Chick-Fil-A's nuggets. |
 |
| RAISINS!!! |
 |
| See that smile? THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!!! |
 |
| I was happy that Helaina loved the cave. |
 |
| Daddy/Daughter Love. |
 |
| Hello, handsome! |
 |
| This bounce pillow is reason enough to go to the Farmstead!!! |



3 comments:
Looks like you guys had WAY to much fun! Those girls are adorable!!! Also I still have never seen the cave...Im sure Mj would never get out if it. Time for me to figure out how to make one for him...the sheet forts just dont cut it anymore. Guess that came with turning 3 :(
Megan, what a beautiful write-up. I didn't know all those facts about Helaina, so it was fun to read. I loved all your pictures too, especially the one of Indigo up close and Simone blurred out in the background. Wow, that pumpkin patch looked so cool!
I have been resisting reading your blog until I got mine finished. I love that we had some of the same sentiments from the weekend and I loved reading the ones you commented on that I did not.
I can't thank you enough for the hospitality, the friendship, and just for being great!
Post a Comment