Please don't take my lack of picture taking, blog bragging and journaling as a sign that I don't love you just as much as I do your sister. For in those early days with Sydney, all I had was time, time, time. You are the perfect addition to our family, and I can't imagine a world without you smiling in it.
I love you.
It's true. My husband called it. Being the youngest of four he warned me that the pictures, journaling, blogging, photo book making, documenting, etc would dwindle...as he himself has pictures from childhood that go as such: newborn, 6 months, 3 years, first grade. (Ok, not that bad!) I swore up and down that I would do for our second, third, fourth (!?!) child as much as I did for Sydney...but I don't. I haven't. Doesn't mean I don't want to, because I do- and the guilt is overwhelming...it's just finding the time to do it as religiously as I did it with Sydney. And, my family and friends in Idaho didn't have the luxury (as I like to call it) of watching Sydney grow, so I felt I needed to do it more just so they would know...if not personally, then at least cyberly.
So, here's a post...just for you.
Here we are- you are SEVEN months old already. You're so ridiculously full of happiness and smiles it's contagious. How can I not smile when you flash me that big toothy grin? You've got SIX teeth already, and they have all come in as pairs. You have one seriously strong bite, and even me yelling "NO!" when you bite me doesn't phase you. You simply look up and grin. Stinker. You bite your sisters fingers all the time- which is actually quite OK with me as I have asked her repetitively to keep her fingers out of your mouth. She usually cries and tattles on you- to which I offer little sympathy only to remind her to please keep her fingers out of your mouth. Keep at it, together we will make her stop!
![]() |
| Look at those buckies!!! |
We've started solids with you - we waited until the six month mark- and you could care less. In fact, you quite despise them making it impossible to get past those sealed lips. Between the clenched jaw and the slapping you do with your hands when the spoon comes near your mouth - you aren't getting much. You don't even love bananas. WHAT? Who doesn't love bananas??? Milk is another story. You get giddy excited and start making this funny coughing-like sound when I say the word, sign it, or unbuckle my bra. You could nurse for hours if I let you...but they aren't plastic, my dear. You hate the pacifier and I'm pretty sure you're passing on the thumb idea, so when it comes to suckling, you're a pretty demanding little lady. Good thing I adore you.
Your demeanor is so sweet. Such a happy little lady- to just sit on the floor and play while I attend to things that need done. You certainly let me know when you've had enough of that and when I pick you up you are instantly your happy self again. You love the stroller (very new and exciting to me!) and cuddling with me in the Beco. You are a grabby little girl- curious about everything and anything. I love watching you with a new toy- the overwhelming desire to put everything into your mouth is hilarious...especially when it ends up being a funny texture...the faces you make are quite comedic.
You are an easy target for your rambunctious sister, and have quite a tolerance for her hugs, kisses, hand holding and tackling. I'm sorry, dear- no matter how hard I try, she's still going to lay you down, attempt to lay on you, want to squeeze you and hold your hand when you want to play. It's just love, that's all...and boy does that girl love you. She still calls you "Mone Oyibia" and gets super protective when someone else wants in on your fun. She'll run to you and say "My Sister!" and gets jealous when someone wants to cuddle or play with you. If you're crying she's the first to try to pacify you by grabbing a toy or telling you it's ok. When you wake up in the morning and Sydney hears you for the first time, her face lights up and she yells "Mone's awake!" and romps up the stairs faster than I can to greet you for the day. She's willing to help out however she can with you- grabbing diapers, socks, clothes, toys, etc...but she does draw the line somewhere. Daddy asked her to throw away a dirty diaper last night for him to which she simply, unemotionally, and bluntly replied; "Nope. Ca-ca." Guess we're on our own with those ones. ;)
A mover you are not...also new for me as all I have ever known is MOVE. I wouldn't say you despise tummy time, but you are a much happier baby just sitting. You are able to arch your back up to your belly button and you're almost getting the hang of getting those knees under you. You're obviously in no rush to crawl, and for that I genuinely thank you. You do, however love to stand- so we are now in the phase of helping you stand whenever we hold you. Big smiles of achievement come from that.
You've started saying da-da-da-da and have only said ma-ma once or twice from your crib in the middle of the night. You have begun to do a silly huffing noise when you are amused, and the full belly giggles are now requiring more work. Sydney still makes you laugh the most- usually by jumping up and down and then falling over. You're ticklish on your ribs and neck. Sugars from daddy are exquisite, and I swear you pocket the biggest smiles for when he walks into the door at night.
I finally got your room finished...I didn't want to work on it while I was pregnant as I wanted to girlify it if you were indeed, a girl. It's girly and baby at the same time and I love it.
Bath time is a favorite, and you don't even cry when I dump water over your head to rinse off the soap. You enjoy chewing on a wet wash cloth and light up like nothing I have ever seen before once I take it away. (Speaking of that- you have the loudest, most piercing cry I have ever heard in my life.) You had your first shower last night and giggled your way through it. Fun times, right?
You're no small chic- weighing in at six months at 21 pounds..."the average weight of a one year old"...thank you, Doctor for that one-liner. You're 28.5 inches tall and you are wearing 12 month and 12-18 month clothes. I did buy you 18-24 month jeggings that fit you perfectly. I love the chunk, and the soft squishiness that comes with it.
You challenge me to grow daily- to love harder, to be more patient, to be a better me. I might not write it all down, but it doesn't mean it's not all still in my heart. ♥
.jpg)
.jpg)




.jpg)


.jpg)





4 comments:
I love a post just for Mone. So sweet to read your words to your daughter.
Her room is so lovely! Pretty and with a lot of handmade things- my favorite!
Most of all I love those super soft baby leg rolls, I could seriously bite her..but I won't ;)
Nice words Momma. Simone will so appreciate them one day. Very sweet.
Whats not to love about rolls upon rolls...we just have to keep telling ourselves that the clothes have shrunk since we bought them from the older ones...right?!?!
That was the sweetest thing that I may have ever read. You are a wonderful mommy my friend. Not that I didn't know this before but you are consistent. Thank you for making my heart warm while catching up on your blog. I love you, your babies, your creativeness, your family.......and I can't wait to see you in 6 DAYS!!!!!
Post a Comment