Sunday, January 13, 2013

Three

She's been 3 for 13 days now, and there's something she's doing since she turned three that she wasn't doing when she was two.  She says "Lub You" back when you say it to her.  You know how daggone special that makes you feel?  REAL special.

Hmph.  Where do I start, what do I say?  Do I get all sappy here and talk about how I can't believe she is already 3 and where is the time going and tomorrow I need to hug extra long and play little girls for 30 uninterrupted minutes and then do hide-and-seek and then read all 8 magazines that we love and then do an easter egg hunt?  Cause that's what she wants to do...and won't I miss this time when she isn't sweetly asking "Mommy, can you pway wif me?"  Not that she needs to slow down- or time needs to slow down.  I need to slow down.  This age is pure adventure.  Sure there is tantrums and crying and sassy "no's" going on in this house...but there's more inquisitive questions, more laughter, more good ideas and more loving to outweigh any yuck that this age brings.  My goodness- am I making any sense at all?  Perhaps I am just rambling because I really, truly don't know how to express the crazy amounts of love exploding in my heart as I sit and think that my baby girl is already three. 

She enjoys picking out her own clothes now, and I am trying against all screaming will to just let her...and not think about what others will think when we show up at the library in our interesting combinations.  She is finally permitted to use "big girl" (fluoride) toothpaste and knows she needs to spit- so she does...except she spits while looking at herself in the mirror...thus actually spitting all over the mirror.  It is a daily battle over why she can not have gum or a lollipop...especially at 8:30 in the morning.  She goes to bed like a little champ, but has to first instruct you (five) times to "Give me kisses and hugs when you go to bed and I'll see you when you wake up in the morning.  You got it dude."  Not that she hasn't always melted Daddy...but recently he's been commenting on how much melting she is doing.  She's rough with Simone, and bless her heart- she usually puts up with it.  She loves, loves, loves playing little girls more than any other thing and it's a treat to sit and listen to her commentary with them.  I love the make-believe, pretending that goes along with it. 

We went to Big Al's, spent $5 and got enough tickets to pick out our own Push-Pop and that was pretty awesome in a three year olds eyes.  To top it off we had our family over for dinner and cake.  Low key, but wonderful day.  I made a gum ball cake...cause you guessed it- when asked what kind of cake she wanted she replied "a gum cake!"  MJ and her had fun deconstructing it before we even lit candles!!!





Syd was too shy to blow out the candles, so MJ did...and then we had to relight just one so that she could!






















I adore this little child of ours.  I love that she's mine to take home, hug, kiss, read to, say prayers with, eat meals, talk, sing, dance, cuddle, discipline, learn and grow with.   I love that I get to witness the way she touches others lives and the way they touch hers.  Life hasn't been the same since January 1st, 2010.  It's been so, so much better.

Happy, happy Birthday sweet girl.  You are monstrously loved!!!


My Mom did an awesome "year in review" blog on Syd - click here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh goodness! Isn't amazing how much they stretch our hearts? She is so determined and I think if I had a daughter, that would be the most important character I'd want to develop. All those sassy no's for the boys when she's 16 ;)

And you outdid yourself with that cake- so rad!

www.fairlycandid.com said...

I loved Aubrey's comment that Syd's sassy no's is for the boys later on. Let's hope. :-) It was so fun reading your blog again Megan after our "dry spell". Fun to see some new pictures too. You must have been waiting for me to upload mine ... sorry it took so long! Love, Mom

Dad said...

It's about time. Love ya Dad