Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Trip [Part Two] : Three 3 Year Olds

Like I mentioned before, lots of catch up time was had for all of us- especially the three little ladies that have been buddies since birth...here's a few pics as proof...and yes, I did get carried away.  (This would be more for Laura and Cora!)
Kalina - 1 Month , Syd - 3 Weeks, Helaina- 1 Week
April 2010 (3 Months)
July 2010 - 6 Months
October 2010 - 9 Months
 

March 2011 - One Year Olds!
Fast forward and here they all are- matchy matchy in their jammies, holding hands, laughing and being silly three year olds.  My heart is full.

 
We did some awesome hike that gave us a beautiful view of the Hollywood sign...and helped us work off all that chocolate we'd been eating after hours.  Lots of breaks along the way to talk life philosophy...
 
...and playing hide and seek once we got there.  I can't see Sydney or Helaina, can you?


See that blue, blue sky and that bright, bright sun?  We ate it up.


 
Helaina is the last of the three to turn three, and we missed her actual birthday by 4 days.  Her thoughtful Mom pushed the party back so that we could all be involved....and what a party it was.  It was a Hello Kitty Gymnastics party and there was no detail left out.  She got all the girls matching leotards, sewed Hello Kitties on them and off they went to have open play privately at a local gymnastics establishment.  And then?  CUPCAKES.  This was a big deal, folks.  The Higgs have admiringly waited until now to allow Helaina to partake in sweets such as cupcakes.  I was perhaps most excited watching that girl eat her first one...and then, lucky her- a second.



Lil Tarzan.





 
And now, a moment of cupcake eating bliss:
 

How could I possibly leave this sweet picture out?
 

Saying goodbye was hard as I've no idea the next time I'll see any of these wonderful people.  Not if, but when- cause you can bet your cupcakes we'll all get together again.  Someday.  ♥


 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I want a lil posse like that! And that party? With the leotards & cupcakes? GET OUTTA HERE. So sweet!

Mom said...

Aw Megan, I loved this post (ok, I love every post) for all the playbacks. Syd just started off tall and to see her now next to the others just cracked me up. I loved her smiles and energy, and what a cute picture with everyone in their leotards and jammies. So sweet that you moms got matchy-matchy's for the girls in so many ways.

Laura said...

I know I'm biased but I LOVE THIS POST (and the last). I poured over your words and got to relive the memories through your eyes and added them to my own sweet memories. It makes us feel so very special to have wonderful people like you in our lives and you taking the time to come see us means the world. I love you and your family from the bottom of my heart.
My favorite pics was tied between Moans face in the last picture and Helaina's face eating the cupcake. However I adored looking at our ladies progress and it bringing back so many fond memories.
Much love to you my friend until the next time. I can't wait to have the girls line up for another picture.