Monday, August 4, 2014

The Fourth

I so admire all of my friends and the people who make such a special event out of our country's birthday.  Red white and blue matching clothes, nails, food, décor, fireworks, etc.  I think that's why I opt for the mountains every year...just to skip out on it all.  It's not that I'm not patriotic, just not one of the holidays I put any effort into...which is why the mountains suit me just fine. 

We spent 3 weekends in a row up at Silver Creek, and the Fourth was our 2nd. We went with Gramma and Grampa, had beautiful weather, lots of smores, fun swimming and even got to PLAY GAMES while the kids napped two days in a row.  We walked the creek, caught walking sticks, told stories, rode bikes, colored and ate entirely too much.  I'm telling you what- camping can't get any better.

She's a bike champ, loving to ride any chance she gets.  And our knees wouldn't be complete without a band-aid these days.

Simone got a new bike also, except she didn't have to earn it...(shhhh, don't bring that to Syd's attention.)  She LOVES it and is pretty good on it until she gets going to fast (which is a normal persons walking pace) and then she yells; "Going too fast!  Going too fast!"

Why yes, you do need everything and the kitchen sink to go to the pool.

BEST. IDEA. EVER.  Nicely done, Daddy.

Swimming beauties.

A walking stick.  If you don't understand what these are, just ask Sydney...she'll give you the low down.

That smile.  Love that smile.


Waiting patiently with our bowl of walking sticks.  I'm not sure what they are waiting for, but they're doing it patiently.

Sydney can swim!  Such a highlight of our summer.  She is able to jump in and either turn around back to the wall or swim to you, anywhere from 10-20 feet!

Rock painting project.

Smore love.


This one wears the outdoors well.  She loves bugs and dirt.


That's a heart melter right there.


Gramma is telling a story...one after the other after the other.  Story champ, that one.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Oh that was just too fun - great memories camping with your family. Syd IS a good camper. I love how she loves to explore, and I love that picture of Robby pushing Simone with the noodle.