Tuesday, May 12, 2015

THREE

Let's talk a quick hot second about this perfect little three year old I have.  No, she's not peaches all the time, but that doesn't make her any less perfect to Daddy and I.

First off, she's my cuddle bug and I can't get enough of it.  Constant hugs, kisses, I love you's, and morning cuddles in bed that last anywhere from 15-30 minutes.  She just loves being wrapped in my arms and will take it when she can get it.  She is a smart little cookie already knowing most of her letters and sounds and loves pointing them out on the concrete when we're on walks, when we're reading books, or when she's looking at signs.  She adores library story time each Wednesday and has always been good at just sitting and listening.  We're in the midst of reading some longer chapter books now, and she has more patience than Sydney does at 5.  She doesn't care what you're reading, just as long as you are. 

She's a loyal friend and takes time to pray for each and every one of them each night.  She loves reciting The Lord's Prayer all by herself and then going through the long list of people she loves and wants to thank God for.  Because of this we are constantly feeling like we're rushing her through...it takes awhile.

She can RUN.  FAST.  And she loves it.  I might have a running partner in my near future!!!  She enjoys gymnastics each Tuesday and we just moved up from the Mommy and Me class to the 3's solo class.  I thoroughly enjoyed being able to participate with her, but she's in no need of my help anymore and spent all of last weeks class waving at me and giving me thumbs up when she did what she was supposed to.  Adorable.

She's the most excitable little thing.  She doesn't care what we are doing, just that we are doing something.  When asked what she wanted to do on a Daddy date, she replied; "We should go to Costco, and get blueberries."  She loves helping out and is always asking if she can help me with dinner, lunch, breakfast, snacks, etc.  If she gets side-tracked she'll say "Mom.  I'm going to go play with Sydney, and then when I'm done I'm going to come help you."  She loves setting the table and deciding where everyone will sit and she loves it even more if she can pull up the chair and get her hands in my business.  I love letting her, as it's precious alone time together.  Oh, and she hates washing her hands unless it's to help me cook...and then I only have to ask once.  She doesn't have the gimmies yet, and she's thrilled at the tiniest of "gifts". 

She's wrapping her little mind around the family tree, and is now straight about who my Mom and Grandma are.  If my Mom walks in the door she'll say- "Look, Mom!  It's your Mom!  Your Mom is here!"  If we're headed to Granny Jo Jo's she'll say "Granny Jo Jo is Gramma's Mom." to which Sydney replied; "Wow.  She knows more about that stuff than I do!" 

She's super independent and doesn't need someone to play with her to have a good time.  She loves role playing with ANYTHING and I love when I'm privy to her conversations amongst the dolls/toys she's playing with.  She loves big sister and has started randomly hugging her and telling her she loves her.  They play Mommy and Baby and Simone loves the chance to talk baby to Sydney, who carries her around the house.  I find it rather annoying as the baby talk is starting to cross over from play to reality with me.  Uh-huh...leave that at the door, kid.  ;)

I could go on and on as there's so much to say about this gorgeous, sweet being who has a huge heart, but a fierce temper and has no problem letting you know when you've pissed her off royally.  She makes me smile and I love kissing her sweet cheeks when she's sleeping.  She still has that baby softness to her and I'm in denial that she's already 3.  What a joy to Mommy her.



















We celebrated her big day the Saturday before as she turned 3 on a Tuesday.  We had 40 people over for a BBQ, jumphouse play and to knock down a freaky-looking princess piñata.  She was SO excited about her Nemo cake and that everyone was going to be there.  She threw up at the party, but rallied afterwards and had a blast. 
A Frozen cake was all she wanted until she saw Nemo, and I was happy to change.  I made the accompanying nemo cupcakes, but she told me later when I asked what her favorite part of the party was; "I loved my Nemo cake.  But I didn't like my turtle cupcakes because they were yucky.  Ick!" 

A birthday crown from Oma that she wore most of the night.

Freaky princess piñata.

Patience right there.

Oma and cousin Hannah


The Gerichs Gang


























On her birthday, I let her pick anything she wanted for breakfast.  This easy-to-please princess chose yogurt with blueberries and granola.  After gymnastics the two of us headed to Pastry Perfection for donuts.  My friend Liane in CA sent a package that I'd saved for her birthday and just so happened to throw in the van that morning.  We had 30 minutes to kill before we picked Sydney up from pre-school, so we sat in the grass on a blanket under a tree and I let her open her present.  I knew it was Jake and the Neverland Pirates figurines and that she would love just playing with them and myself.  Boy was a right- if nothing else, that made this little girls day.  Then Daddy took her and Sydney to Nampa where they got to play in the swimming pool at Oma and Opa's while I headed to Moppet Togs for their semi-annual kids consignment sale. 


























A few days later my parents took us out to eat at Red Robin for her birthday dinner, and then they took her on her one-on-one birthday date with them.  They'd taken Jayden fishing, and I thought this was something Simone would also enjoy so they took her.  It didn't last very long, she didn't want to touch the fish, and then the hook got stuck in her leg...but at the end she got a Band-Aid, a fish tattoo, and a package of sparkly bass bait that entertained her for 30 minutes while Grampa fished.  And after that, princess play with Gramma and making cookies together.  I'd call the date a success.


L♥VE


I love you, sweet Mone!  Happy Birthday baby!!!

1 comment:

MOM said...

I learned so many new things about Simone from this post -- sides of her I don't always see. What a beautiful write up of a smarty pants. I just think it's so fun(ny) how she connected all the dots to the family tree and how she announces us. I love how she thinks things out in advance and always remembers them later and comes back to them. Like when she told me she wanted to play princess and bake cookies later then later "ok gramma I'm ready to make cookies now." I need to come watch her at gymnastics now that she is solo. My back would handle taking her much better now. That laying on the floor on my belly in circle time is for the birds! She's a sweetie for sure and it will be interesting to see how Cole plays into her world. My guess is she'll come see him and love on him for a minute then off she'll go to entertain herself (while Syd stays behind to beg you once more to let her hold him.) Times, they are a changin'!