Yes...Marathon. 26.2 crazy miles...and we're doing it...December 14, 2008. Anyone wanna come cheer us on on the sidelines??? We've decided to run the marathon this year...something we've both toyed with the idea with and never made the commitment. We have 20 weeks of training ahead of us...and hopefully a time that comes in under 4 hours...oh yeah, and alive. :) There's a couple girls from my work that are running with us and are planning on running the half marathon.
We had our first long run this Saturday. (Every week you increase your "long" runs, so on the weekend you run 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and so on miles to get used to the long distances and then during the week you run 4-8 miles). We started our Saturday morning run @ 7:20 and it was HOT HOT HOT already. I prefer to run at 5:30 in the morning, mostly because there's no sun to squint at, it's so peaceful and quiet and breezy-cool out. By the time we were done, it was so stinkin hot I just wanted to go jump into the ocean...so, that's what we did!
We spent the day at the beach attempting to paddle board. Key word: Attempting. Paddle boarding: a super-sized surfboard with a soft top. The object is to be balanced enough to stand on it and paddle your way back and forth parallel to the beach. Forget it- we could barely stand up for 5 seconds let alone paddle. Robby finally got the hang of it after half an hour...he was able to paddle about 6 times before comically falling into the ocean. Now there's a good way to get a laugh: watch someone as tall as Robby try to balance on the paddleboard. He does have odds against him being so tall, but gosh it was funny.
Anyhow...wish us luck on the long training and long race ahead! :)
10 years ago
4 comments:
Megan, girlfriend ~ how are you? I spent 5 weeks in Maui in June. Thought of you. I would be glad to come cheer you on during the marathon ... however, (I hate that word "but" so I try not to use it) ... I will be heading to Lesotho, S. Africa that time. Keep in touch. I love your blog. and welcome to blogland. Stop by and say hi to me sometime!!! (your friend from Archivers ~ Boise IDAHO).
Grant has this new idea that he is going to start training for a Triathlon. Kinda crazy huh?!? More power to you guys for being so motivated! I would much rather sit on the floor and eat ice cream =)
Hey Megan- Life looks good for you guys! I am happy you are so happy. This is my second week of summer vacation since I took so much summer school. The end really is in sight. We miss you. When do think you will get back to Boise? Jason is always saying he wants to take me to Hawaii. Maybe one day he will actually get me there:) The pics are beautiful keep posting them!
Love the layout that you picked!! Isn't is so fun!! Well I miss you and hope to keep in touch I'm still bummed that we aren't coming to Hawaii any more especially since you are living there now. Talk to you soon keep checking our blog for new pictures and updates on the little ones. :)
Post a Comment