Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Football Papaya




Oh My Heck- this is the biggest papaya I have ever seen in my life. Robby got it from one of the ladies he volunteers with, who picked it off her tree. It is honestly the size of a football...and the craziest thing? It smelled and tasted just as good as the tiny ones that we buy in the market for $2 each! Papaya is my favorite "Island" fruit. The best way to eat papaya is with fresh lemon squeezed on top! If you've never had- run to Albertson's and give it a try!
Tip: Papaya seeds are edible- they taste just like a big piece of cracked pepper.

1 comment:

The Dewey Family said...

Holy Cow that thing is HUGE!!! I have never seen one that big well I haven't seen to many papaya's either but that one is the biggest!! Miss you.........