Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"The Rack"...what a fitting name

Oh my goodness to Betsy. So, last night I did inventory at Nordstrom's Rack to get an extra buck along with a 20% off coupon to pickup a new running sports bra. One of my friends used to work there, and they needed mega volunteers to inventory the entire store in one day- so I helped out.
At first I was put doing handbags...WOW. For any of you that don't know- the "Rack" is Nordstrom's discount/sale store...kind of like Ann Taylor Loft is to Ann Taylor. They get a whole bunch of stuff from Nordstrom's and knock it down. Since the brands they sell are so expensive, I can rarely afford anything in there STILL. So of course when I was doing handbags, I checked out every since price and I'm sure the people around me were tired of hearing "Oh my gosh! You've got to be kidding me!" :) There was this bright hot pink alligator skin looking purse there that was originally $3500 and was marked down to $699 for final sale...it was SO UGLY!!! I wanna work there just so I can see who makes those kind of crazy purchases!
I digress...so, when I was done with purses, I got put on a bra rounder...this is where things got in-ter-est-ing! I started on the top rack and about fell over when I came across size 36DDD...then I got to 36E, then 36 2F...I couldn't believe it...I've never seen slingshots that big! We took a break to eat a "bento"...a disgusting thing I haven't come to love yet...rice, hot dog, piece of spam & some fried chicken fat. (The rice was good!) After break, we went back on the floor and I resumed my position at the bra rounder...and that's when I found the most amazing thing ever......are you ready? Size...... 34J....yes, I said J- did you even know they went up that high? I mean, I feel really cheated, of all the sizes...A,B,C,D,DD,DDD,E,F,FF,G,H?,I?, J I am definitely not the mean or the median of that chain of numbers!!! It took everything in me not to put one of the cups on top of my head...I think it would have been too big...would have doubled good as a mosquito face screen tho!

This is why..."The Rack" is such an appropriate, fitting name!

1 comment:

The Dewey Family said...

OMG that is so funny!! Leave it to you to find something like that!!