Monday, April 27, 2009

The Tall Guy Gets a Tall Toy

Yea! After 19 months of living here- Robby FINALLY got his surfboard! He's wanted one since before we moved here, and that was what he got for his Birthday this year (thanks to everyone who contributed) so it was pretty exciting for him to be able to find the right one. It's used and hopefully came from a good home! It's 9 feet tall- he would have preferred a little larger, but we have this thing called ELEVATORS that we have to ride up every day, and well- 9 feet was the max that would fit. :)

I was thrilled to see how he decided to store it...not that I was going to pitch a fit about a 9 foot surfboard taking up way too much of our already small 860 sqft place- but lookey here...it's perfect! (As long as it doesn't fall on my head!)


He took it out for the first time yesterday and when he came in I said- "Nice job! I saw you get up twice and ride!" "That must have been someone else in brown shorts and a blue shirt, cause I stood up once, fell off and caught no waves." Hey, well at least he knows it floats! It was a really small wave day...which makes it really hard to get up and have it push you. Looks like I get to enjoy beach days more frequently now- YIPPIE! ;)

Enjoy this beautiful day you've been given, and thank the Lord for at least one thing!

1 comment:

The Dewey Family said...

I love it!! I hope that Robby enjoys his new toy!!