The first week home we traveled to Sunriver, Oregon- a resort about 14 miles outside of Bend- to stay in a gorgeous house with Robby's parents, his oldest brother Mike and his wife, Terri & their three kids: Matthew, Jessica and Madison; his brother Danny and Terri's parents Maureen and Don. It was a fun packed week that started off with the celebration of Terri's 40th Birthday!
Monday I was surprised with my first Baby Shower and how adorable it all was!!! Robby had planned games and prizes and Elli hosted it. The boys all went golfing while us girls played games, laughed, opened a truckload of PRECIOUS baby clothes, blankets, shoes, etc...ate chocolate covered creme puffs and laughed...did I say that yet? Robby's Mom surprised us and brought one of the baby quilts Robby had made years ago. For our one-year dating anniversary (2002) Robby made ma 9'x9' quilt and each piece of fabric meant something about our first year. After deciding quilting really was a fun hobby, he made 2 baby quilts- on that he gave to his niece Melanie when she was born and the other was stored away at his parent's house. He had told her to feel free to give it away, so neither one of us expected to see that quilt again! It was a tearful reunion as Sydney now has a home-made quilt from her Daddy. What a wonderful surprise this shower was and a memory I will forever cherish!
Throughout the week we did so many things- there are 35 miles of bike paths throughout Sunriver, so it's impossible NOT to be active while you are there! We rode bikes, went running, got ice cream, canoed the Deschutes lazy river, went on walks, jet skied, got ice cream and enjoyed a part boat at a beautiful lake. Sunriver is definitely a 10 in my books....it's so peaceful, quiet, serene...it's what my Grandpa probably would have called "God's Country."
Hangin out at the lake...BRRRR that water was cold! Matthew, Robby and Elli.
One of the walking paths that follows the Deschutes river...yeah, I'm workin' on my bump.
Jet skiing! This was SO fun and not nearly as bumpy as I had anticipated! We only went 30 mph on ours, but once the prego lady was off- he was cruisin in the 50's...scary!
Uncle Robby and his twin nieces- Jessica and Madison.
The whole gang. Standing up from L to R: Danny, Robby, Matthew, Don, Joe, Elli, Mike
Sitting L to R: Megan, Madison (I think), Maureen, Jessica (I think) and Terri.
Once our time in Sunriver came to a close we drove back to Boise (thanks again for driving- Danny!) and spend 3 fun-filled, PACKED days with my family and our friends. Thanks to everyone who re-arranged their schedules so that we could see you in the limited time we had...it was wonderful to see your faces, see your children and hear that life was good!
Tuesday night we headed up to Cascade Lake to go camping with my Mom's side of the family. I hadn't been in my Idaho mountains roughing it, having a fire, eating smores, sleeping in a tent for TWO years and by-golly...it was time! We arrived Tuesday night and enjoyed the campfire...oh how I love campfires...love, love, love them...the crackling, the smell, the way the flames flicker...everything...I don't even care that I have to wash my hair 5 times and my clothes 3 times to get the smell out...I LOVE IT!!! Wednesday was gorgeous and the rest of the family arrived- my mom's sisters- Aunt Julie and Aunt Linda and their families and Grandma Jo. It was a full house- there were probably 22 of us...4 trailers, 3 tents, 5 dogs...ok, I'll stop counting now. We didn't even make it to dinnertime before the first sprinkles of rain started...and continued....and continued...and continued...fast forward to FRIDAY afternoon which was finally nice enough that I could run across the campsite and visit the rest of my family! It was a COLD weekend- with rain all day long and temps in the 50's...yes, that's cold for my Hawaiian- adjusted blood! They say pregnant people are supposed to be furnaces- yeah, well I beg to differ! Besides the rain and cold, it was a fantastic weekend- lots of time spent in the trailers which meant that we could all easily catch-up with one another...delicious food and gorgeous views of Cascade Lake.
Then...along came Saturday. My cousing Nicole asked if I'd show her Crown Pointe- a campground across the dam. When we returned home, everyone was sitting outside and they yelled in unison "Surprise!" It took me several seconds to determine what they were talking about and then click...click...click it all came together- there were a bunch of presents on the table and a big sign that said "Baby Shower"!!! My second baby shower- how exciting! My adorably pregnant, sweet sister-in-law Danielle threw me this shower and I can't tell you how much that meant. We got even more adorable clothes, blankets, towels, shoes and an afghan on its way. What a fun way to spend the afternoon playing games, eating cheese ball (my fav), red velvet cake and being with my family. Thanks again to everyone who made that day so special for us.
The "Blueberry" - oh, and the wild flowers. :)
Just chillin' after the campsite was all set up.
Robby is holding 12 month onesies on the left and newborn shirts on the right. He was demonstrating to everyone how the NB shirts were "Hope" and the 12 month onesies were "reality" for when Sydney gets here. He likes to give me a hard time about her being a giant when she's born. :)
Mama-to-be and Grandma-to-be goofin' off...or are we just giddy that a little Sydney is going to be introduced into the world? Yeah, I think that's it. ;)
Our vacation is now over, and I'm back to life...back to reality and while I think the blue ocean is gorgeous, the plumerias smell delicious and the temperature almost always perfect- I miss you all, my mountains, the blue cloud-less sky and the dry heat that as Robby says "makes you feel like you're going to catch on fire if you stand in one place to long." It was wonderful to see you all and I can't wait to see you again!



No comments:
Post a Comment