Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Countdown Continues

Hi Everyone!!! I thought I'd take a minute and write about how much life can change in 1-2 weeks. Like really- you HAD to find my bladder? So it seems that the potty breaks are becoming much more frequent...especially while running. It doesn't matter if I peed 2 minutes ago- start running = intense desire to pee. Pee, start running = intense desire to pee. Probably TMI, but hey- you're the one that came to a pregnant woman's blog to read about it! ;) I'm just being honest!!! And so it continues. Luckily, I am still only getting up once a night...I'm pretty sure if you asked Danielle how many times she's getting up she'd probably tell you more than once!!! (Nice work, MJ!)

Backaches. How on earth can my back already be hurting with only a 3 lb baby inside? Oh yeah, it's cause I've gained more than 3 pounds- that's why! Total to date is 15 pounds, so I'm happy with that...hmmm, maybe that's why running is harder...anyway....I digress...I have an absolutely wonderful husband who treats me to a back rub every night in bed that lulls me to sleep. Even on days when it really doesn't hurt THAT bad, well...ok, maybe I do fake it a little...but don't tell him. ;) One of these days I need to give him one to keep him going. He's adorable. Recently my belly has been sticking out quite a bit and he seems to be infatuated with it. Whenever I see him he says - "Hey slim, and belly!" He likes for me to do spins- I think so he can see a non-pregnant person from the back and then WHAM! a belly! He's so good about making me feel secure with the new found curves.

OB/GYN. We got a new one...which has resulted in happier expectant parents. Our original doctor was semi-unsupportive of our desire to go natural. Not that she encouraged an epidural or anything, but she wasn't willing to work with any other birthing positions than JUST flat on back, feet in stirrups as she was worried about her back getting hurt. Totally respectable, but I am happy to say that we've found a doctor who is open to me moving around during labor to eliminate as much pain as possible. (This means I have the freedom to use different positions- side laying, squatting, all fours (no thanks), etc.) We met with him yesterday and he was wonderful- allowed us to take as much time with questions as we wanted, which was so appreciated. I asked him if he was busy on Christmas Day and he said that his partner covered Christmas, but that there was only a 5% chance that Sydney was coming on Christmas. I liked the sound of that. Ooh- he also said Sydney was in the 58th percentile (so far) which meant around a 7-8 pound baby. Oh the grin on my face from hearing that...THANK YOU LORD...I do NOT want an 11 pound baby ("man child") trying to come out of my non-11-pound-handling hips. :) In reality- I'll take what I get and take it with a huge smile...but I have to embellish a LITTLE for your reading pleasure!

Pediatrician. We're in the process of interviewing 6...yes, 6 of them. Hmmm...that might change as #2 knocked our socks off. I think we're in love. We walked in with 16 questions and after he got done introducing himself, talking about his practice, views, etc we had 2 questions left. He's pro-natural, pro-breastfeeding, anti over-medicating children, all of the things we were hoping to find in a doctor who will be taking care of our little baby. We're going to interview another this weekend and then we'll see after that- not sure if we'll continue as we already found someone we like, but I guess I feel a due diligence to for some reason...?

With only 11 weeks left we're getting more and more excited and anxious to meet Miss Sydney. On the drive to the park for a run last night I told Robby - "Isn't it weird that we have 11 more weeks until there will be this little being that will need our complete attention for years to come?" It really is surreal...it just feels like I'll always be pregnant and that we'll never meet her....and I think that goes for everything. When you're dating you think- "I'll always be dating, I'll never be engaged." When you're engaged you think - "I'll always be engaged, I'll never be married." When you're married you think - "It'll always be the two of us and that's it." And so on. It's hard to imagine what it'll really be like when you've never experienced it before which is why this entire process is so incredibly thrilling.

The arrival of MJ will be any day now and I can hardly wait to get the phone call that they're on the way to the hospital. Seems like just yesterday Matt called up and told us that we were going to be an Aunt & Uncle...and now he's about to make his way into this big world. Be on the lookout of pictures of our new nephew!!!

I think that's all for today- time to go home and eat some more...oh darn, I just hate that...ya know, having to eat all the time. ;) It's tilapia night which excites me way more than it should. We LOVED tilapia in Idaho and once we moved to Hawaii- couldn't find it. Why? Tilapia is a "bottom feeding" fish and yes- people think I am quite disgusting for wanting to eat it...cause why when you have fresh MahiMahi, Ahi, Ono, etc to eat all day long? Well, because it ROCKS, that's why...oh, and cause it tastes more like chicken then fish and I like that. Anyway- we found it at the supermarket last week and it has been quite the highlight of a few dinners already. Ahhh, good to be back, we missed you flaky, white, dirty bottom feeding tilapia. :)

On another note- I wonder if Sydney ever accidentally hits herself in the head...she can throw a pretty mean punch...

2 comments:

The Chronicles of Grissom said...

You're hilarious!

Angela said...

I know you said no way to being on all fours during labor, but that actually gave me a lot of relief - especially when accompanied by double hip squeeze!