We visited the Fish Auction this morning and WOW...it was so cool!!! At one of the piers they auction off fish 6 days a week- and on Saturday mornings, you can go watch. Here's what happens...different boats are always bringing fish in...I asked one of the guys if they went fishing every morning for these and he chuckled. Nope, what happens is they drop a net for 40 miles with hooks on it and leave it for 15-20 days...whatever bites, bites. So- that "Fresh Catch of the Day" that you read when you go to a restaurant...nope...it's at least probably 2 weeks old. Crazy, huh! I've never in my life seen fish this large- These that we are standing in front of are Opah- and while it looks like a nice little fishy, fishy- it's 124 pounds...that's ME...in a FISH!!!

The auctioneer walks down this line and they auction each fish off one by one...just like any other auction you see. He quotes a price that he thinks it's worth and then immediately starts dropping the price...once someone enters, the bidding goes up.
1 comment:
Hey Missy! It's Aubrey. I have been hearing all about you and baby to be, so I hunted you down! Congrats by the way! You look great and I am so jealous-Hawaii, prego, & a little girl! Oh Man! It is too much!
Post a Comment