Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lessons Learned

In the short (almost) 6 weeks that I've been a Mom, here's what I've learned from Sydney:

1. Waking up is hard to do. Better let me stretch for 5-10 minutes before I even open my eyes before you pick me up, talk high pitched or change my warm wet diaper.

2. I like milk...doesn't matter if I ate 30 minutes ago, I like my milk.

3. Dad is better at swaying me horizontally than you are. Quit trying, your failing.

4. I'll go to sleep when I'm good and ready. You can sing, rock, run water, nurse or coax me, but honey- you're on baby time, and I know it already!

5. I need help pooping. Do the I LOVE YOU massage on my belly and I'll give you a diaper full to talk about...and I'll definitely dirty the changing table, that's the fun part!

6. The car? Catch on, Mom...I just don't like it.

7. I grunt in the middle of the night just to keep you and Dad guessing. I can't have you figuring me out already!


8. Your collar bone sucks, so you better put some padding on it or I'll knock my head and scream to let you know it hurt.


9. Why would I want to sleep through dinner time? I wait all day to hang out with my Dad and I'm not about to rest once he walks in the door!!!


10. I love being naked. Yes, Dad...I promise, I will only like it while I'm young and will grow out of this....long before the age of liking boys kicks in. ;)


Rise and Shine little lady! ...STRETTTCH...

...That made me tired...maybe I don't really want to get up...

...Ok, if I have to...resume STRETTTTCH....


...Now this way....Ahhhh....

Ok, I'm awake and I'm not happy about it so I'm going to flash you my double chin, annoyed look...now what???

No comments: