Monday, May 10, 2010

My First Mother's Day...

...was perfect. I loved it, in fact- if I could re-live it, I would. It technically started on Saturday morning when Robby kicked me out of the house for 4 hours to Starbucks for me to enjoy a delicious coffee, oat cake and my scrumptious book that I'm overly obsessed with. Yes, the Twilight series. Uh-huh, the one about vampires and werewolves and love. Yeah- that one. Don't ask. Anyway- he cleaned the house and worked on my Mother's Day gift with Syd. Wonderful morning.

Saturday night we put Sydney to bed around 7:30 but then she was up by 8:30 for some strange reason and didn't have plans of going back to sleep. So, what did we do? Something I would have laughed about 2-3 months ago...something I didn't think was possible. We put her in the car and DROVE her to sleep. For those of you who remember- Sydney hated the car at first. (Let me just make a correction- for all new mom's out there...babies hate the car. It's not until they are older that they can enjoy it. Several of my friends with little ones have had the same car luck, so I know it's not just Sydney.) So...my point to this exhausting story (sorry I'm always getting side tracked) is that she went to bed at 9:30 and then was up and ready to go at 4:30 am on Sunday. Robby got up with her while I slept another 2 hours and then he made me hash browns (nice work- that's no easy task), eggs and toast. Mmmmm.

We went on a walk through Waikiki stopping to have some blanket time in the park and then headed to the beach. You might notice that Sydney is sporting a stylish 1980's swimsuit in these pictures. That's because that's exactly what it is. 27 years old to be exact, because it was once mine! My Mom saved some clothes of mine from my first year and sent them to me the other day. I couldn't resist how adorable she looked in it...and what better time to wear your Mommies swimsuit than on Mother's Day! She will probably never wear my wedding dress...but she wore my swimsuit! ;)

My beach bums.

Why do I love this picture? Two chunky little legs dangling in the air...

Pep-talk.

Ooh- it's cold...even Mommy thinks so! This was my first time being in the ocean since 7 or 8 months pregnant. I've missed it!!!

My little swimmin' buddy. She let me take her out and swim with her- she was a bit cold and wasn't sure what to think of it...but she liked it. She enjoyed laying on the towel under the umbrella more, tho.

Beautiful blue eyes of wonder.

"I love my life!!!"

"Look Mommy, I can do it too!"

"Oh my gosh, my parents are the biggest dorks...there's no hope for me!"

"What's a kid to do?"

I, Megan Elizabeth Gerichs, am one lucky woman.

After swimming and before dinner- Sydney performed her "roll over and go to sleep" trick. Going to the beach is hard work.

Sydney gave me her hand print and foot print framed for Mother's Day...don't know how she knew that was EXACTLY what I wanted, but she found a way to let her Daddy know and they worked together to make it perfect. Thanks again to both of you for making my life the amazing journey it is. I love you.

3 comments:

The Dewey Family said...

You ARE one lucky woman to have such an amazing hubby and beautiful daughter and to be living in such a beautiful place. Miss you enjoy your beautiful life!!

Gramma said...

Hi Momma! Wow, you were treated right. Give Robby a big squeeze for me. He's always so thoughtful. How fun to see Syd wearing that swimsuit, and as always, love your captions ... especially the dork one with "what's a kid to do." What a cutie that baby is. Love to you all, MOM

Unknown said...

Great, great pics. Glad to hear Mom's Day went well. Robbie, he's a keeper!

The swimsuit rocks, BTW!