First things first...a huge thank you to my amazingly wonderful Grandma Jo who made this trip possible.
She flew Syd and I out there as she said- "There's too many people that you need to see instead of just me coming to Hawaii." So we all embarked on Syd's first trip and headed to Boise the end of June. Robby was able to take a week off of work to come with, and then Sydney and I remained an extra two weeks. Just in case you are wondering- two weeks is a LONG time to be away from the one you love! Distance does make the heart grow fonder...but I was already pretty damn fond, so perhaps I didn't need the distance.
Upon discovering that we were going to be there, Robby's 3 older brothers and their families made arrangements to visit...so, it was a reunion of sorts as we hadn't all been together since we were married four years ago. I was there for the annual Brown Family camping trip (my Mom's side) where we visited Cascade Lake again...and this time did so without rain, thunder & lightening which means I enjoyed entirely too many smores around the campfire. Speaking of smores- my SIL introduced me to peanut butter spread on the graham cracker before adding chocolate and marshmallow...um, THANK YOU for marrying my brother...I can't believe I went 28 years without this combination of deliciousness!
All flights with the little tank went amazingly well- she slept the entire way over there (thank you red-eye) and was a little champ coming home. I think it's because she knew she was going to see her daddy...which upon our return quickly become her favorite play buddy all over again. She is back to giggling gleefully- an art that he has seem to have perfected and mastered. I still get pity giggles. That's OK, I read in a book tonight that it isn't uncommon for babies to choose one parent for comfort and one as their playmate. This makes me feel a little better...and a little needed. ;)
I will end this post by thanking everyone for a fabulous time- it is so refreshing to come home to a bus load of people who know, love and miss you. I will smile at the memories we created until I see you again. Love you all.
1 comment:
Hooray, the blogger is back! I printed off many of the pictures you took of Grandma Jo and Syd but left them out of my photo album so she didn't see them yet, and surprise, you have her wonderful smile front and center! It's still surreal that we had you for all those days getting to know our most beautiful, funny, logical, girlie little Peanut. It was the BEST! I loved spending precious moments with you too, Meg. I miss you. I look at my photos over and over and straight away went out and bought something like 9 photo frames! Can't wait to do all that and more again some day. We love you three and miss you more! Mom/and the Proudest Gramma EVER!!!
Post a Comment