Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Sandy Morning

I remembered half-way to our "nature walk" that on Friday's none of the birds are out at the Hilton. Not sure why, but I guess everyone needs a break from snap-happy tourists (um, and locals) who are constantly saying "aloha", "good morning", "hello" hoping that they'll be the one who sparked the macaws interest and had the bird look up and start talking back. That or the kids who scream - "MOMMY! Look! A big bird!!!" or the mommy's who are saying "Good morning birdie! Wave to the birdie! What color is the macaw? Red and blue and yellow!" (Yeah, that would be this Mommy). So, Friday's are a well deserved day off for the Macaws. We decided to sift through the sand instead.

"I love to SCREAM in the sand!"

"I love to crawl in the sand!"

"I love to clap in the sand!"

"I love to ponder while sitting in the sand."

And, we didn't even try to eat a handful. Success.

2 comments:

Susan said...

She is so precious. Love reading your blog, too. Wonderful picture of you and your baby girl.

Unknown said...

That last pic of you 2 is so sweet! I love it! Also, Syd totally rocks that mohawk!