Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Plug

I grew up not knowing what it was like not to be photographed.  I don't mean I got my picture taken every once in awhile, or at holidays...I mean....I GOT PHOTOGRAPHED.  Days in the park, pics with my animals, my group of friends, boyfriends, grandparents, family photos, photos cause it's back to school time, photos cause it's a new hair-do, photos cause it's Wednesday.  You get my point.  It's not just because I was the first born- there are just as many photos of Matt.  So first off- thank you, Mom for allowing me the ability to look at so many fond memories of my childhood (and current day) when flipping through your countless albums, computer files, e-mails, etc.

Secondly, after years and years - OK, decades of having photography be her passion, and mulling over the thought of doing photography on the side...my Mom is open for business.  And this post...a total plug for her.

Need some ideas for why to hire her?


1.  The last family portrait you took was more than one year ago
2.  You really need to get a jump on Holiday Cards
3.  You're pregnant or have a newborn and want to capture these short-live moments
4.  You're engaged (congrats!) and need to send out save-the-date cards, and want engagement photos taken
5.  Your pets are your babies, and how fun would a photo shoot in the park be?
6.  Your kid is an all star (in your eyes) on the court or field and you want some action shots of him/her shooting that hoop, making the goal, or hitting the home run...
7.  Senior portraits
8.  You need a new professional photo for your business card, because come on- we all know that pic is 10+ years old.
9.  Reason?  Who needs a reason???

Here are a few of my favorites she's done as of late:




















So...what does it cost you're wondering?  She's set up a website (www.fairlycandid.wordpress.com) where you can see her most recent photo shoots,check out prices and contact her for an appointment.

Mom- Congrats on the exciting new venture!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Oh my goodness ... you did it. Guess I'd better make it official on my end too. Thanks Megan, and when I get there, can we do a photo shoot ... you know, because it will be Wednesday. You are too funny. Love you and can't wait to get ahold of the palm tree girl. How cute was that post?! Too cute!!!! What a lucky girl to have a lucky mom and dad like you two to love her too much (correction ... you can NEVER love too much). I know because that's how I feel about you.
Love, MOM XXOO

Unknown said...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! Your mom saved my butt at our wedding!! Her pics are perfect & she is a dream to work with!! I will be calling her so she can add wrangling 4 wild men to her portfolio :)

Christine Ellis said...

Just checked out her site! So great!! I wish I was in Boise right now!! Go MARY!!! Congrats!