Monday, December 27, 2010

My Hero

Can you tell I'm playing catch-up on my blog?  I have a story to tell.  I have a hero...his name is Robby and he is warrior of the giant cockroaches that somehow, someway make their way into our home and scare the living piss out of me.  My hero protects me...even tho he would much rather shrivel up into a ball when he sees one, he protects me...and even when he's sick and can barely get off the couch...he protects me.  So...here is how it all went down:

Scene One:  Robby in the bedroom with Sydney putting her to bed.  All lights off in the house.  I come into the living room and see a huge black spot on the wall where there definitely should NOT be a huge black spot.  After realizing what it was, and cursing that it was there in the first place, I loudly and firmly said "Robby.  Get in here right now."  Must have heard the urgency in my voice because he came straight away.  "There's a roach on the wall and you have to get it.  NOW."

Scene Two:  I turn the lights on so Robby can see the seriousness of this and act quickly.  The roach starts moving, Robby quickly grabs a huge tupperware and attempts to catch it.  Failure #1.  Roach (oh, and he's not little, folks..this sucker is the biggest roach I've seen in a long time.)  flies (yes...they fly) into our bedroom.  The NUMBER ONE place that I do not want a roach.  Panicking at this point I start pacing and wondering what on earth we are going to do...if that roach gets under the bed we're never going to find it and I'm definitely NOT sleeping in the room with the roach. 

Scene Three:  I see the roach crawling up one of RObby's shirts that is hanging from the bed post.  He tries again and misses.  Failure #2.  The roach flies into the book shelf.  Syd is in the crib crying and not sure what is going on because her Mom is freaking out and her Dad is, well- ok...he's freaking out too. 

Scene Four:  I grab Sydney from her crib, climb over the bed and say to my husband in the nicest voice I can render:  "Babe...I am leaving now.  I love you, but this is your job and you HAVE to get it."

Scene Five:  I'm rocking Sydney in the living room to a lullaby of books being flung, ^&*(@ words being said and hairspray being sprayed. 

Scene Six:  "Come in here!  I got it!"  I open the door and there he stands...my hero whose shirt is drenched partially because he's sick and has had cold sweats all day and partially because he just had to hunt a roach.  I look up at him adoringly and say - "You're my hero."  He looks at me and I swear, on the verge of adrenaline let-down tears says in all seriousness..."And I'm sick."

So, ya wanna see a picture?


If you don't think this thing looks huge, then compare it to Robby's fingers...which aren't small!  And seriously...what are those pokey things on his legs?  EWWW!!!




My Mom took this amazing picture while she was here...it was the first time I'd ever seen a gecko eat a roach.  Now where in the hell was the gecko when I needed him??!?!


1 comment:

MOM said...

This made me laugh all over again. Poor Litt'l Bunny Robbie.