Monday, January 10, 2011

A Lifetime Kind

Sometimes you meet someone and you know instantly that they're gonna be a friend...a lifetime kind.  You can just tell- by the way they smile at you, the first words exchanged, the immediate similarities, and the ease of conversation.

Three years ago I met my purple-loving, athletically-obsessed, sweet-tooth-champion, witty, adorable, sweet and ridiculously giving friend Liane.  She trained and ran my first and second marathon with me.  She ate lunch with me everyday when I was working, listened to the annoyances in my life and didn't judge.  She talked to Sydney in utero, enthusiastically helped us prepare for her and is positively loved by our little girl.  She is our Wednesday night dinner guest, also known as my Indian Food guinea pig.  An incredibly smart woman who has blessed me with challenging and different outlooks on life.  A loyal friend who will always be near at heart.  Why?  Because she's moving...on Wednesday...to LA. 

I'm sad, in a selfish, "I'm gonna miss the hell out of you" kind of way- but thrilled to pieces for the opportunity, excitement, adventure, memories and experiences that lie ahead for her and her love.

 








 Go get 'em girl, you deserve all the happiness, love and laughter that one girl can hold.  We ♥ you!!!

2 comments:

Christine Ellis said...

Awww...that is sweet Megan! How sad she has to leave!!! Sounds like you made a friend for life for sure!! Keep your head up so you don't miss the next good one to come along!

MOM said...

Kind of makes me sad, you know. Liane is such a friendly gal ... loved spending some time with her after the marathon and I love hearing what you fix for your Wednesday nights together. Please give her my love and appreciation for the friendship she gave you three. I know you'll miss her, Meg.