She's back to book reading. She took a sabbatical for awhile there and I was kind of wondering what was wrong with my child who wanted nothing to do with the picture filled, rhyming pages. We're back...and I'm happy to pick up every last book off the floor when she's done. Oh, and waving at the neighbors...or hollering that a dog is walking by the river is a new favorite.
I love my husband for an ocean full of reasons, but here's a good one. He dresses Sydney sometimes (something I am probably too controlling about and will certainly let lose when there is more than one child to dress before we go anywhere) and when he does dress her I tell myself to put a smile on, enjoy the uniqueness of the outfit he has picked out and allow him some creativity! This particular morning I went out for a run before meeting up for a playdate. He had dressed her and when I arrived home to this sweet mess, I couldn't help but genuinly smile and ooh and ahh over the cuteness that she is. I was sincere when I told him she looked adorable and that he did a fantastic job. That cute man of mine replied "Did you notice it was a flower theme?" ♥
If I'm being completely honest, church is the one hour out of the week that I look forward to least. It's full of puff-eating (errr...I swore I would never shut my kid up with snacks...and here I am...I'll chalk it up as one of those "yeah- sure you won't until you have a kid" things!!!), "NO!" screaming, aisle chasing and...well, if you've ever had a kid this age and tried to take them to church, you know what I mean. Regardless of it all- we go, and my goodness she looks cute Sunday mornings in her "best".
| Walking the line. |
I gave Sydney her first haircut two weeks ago. It was an emotional thing...probably because I am a silly sentimental mess when it comes to "firsts" and cutting baby hair falls into that. I only took one inch off the bottom just to lessen the mullet...cause we still have one. Luckily, the palm trees are still in business and the cut ended up being really cute- just made it all look a little fuller in the back. As for the front? Pure craziness.
How am I doing?
I'm still obsessed with making Sydney's food fun...and recently I've tried to be a little more creative. Some would say I have entirely too much time on my hands...but really, it's the simple things in life...and organizing bananas and strawberries to look unison is my happy. :)
Enough nonsense. Go be happy. :)
4 comments:
Woo hoo! Loved it. So did Shayna who stopped by my desk to tell me. Your description of Robby dressing her was priceless and her looking out the window was so cute ... even more that I've seen her do it last week while babysitting. Cute granddaughter I have there! Love, MOM
I LOVE Dad's outfit!!! I would totally wear that :D LOL
haha! Dad just may have a calling in the fashion industry while you could pursue the culinary field and if all else fails there's always the Sunday Best and Puffs!
I thiught dad dressed her just fine. What r u complaing about?
Post a Comment