I'd like to think it was a reunion for Sydney to see one of her very first "buddies". Lots of smiles, hand holding, hugging and playing well together. Sydney dubbed her "Hi-ya" as her way of saying "Kalina" and wanted to know what she was doing every second of the day. If I was bathing her, she would point out of the bathroom and say "Hi-ya?", if I was putting her to bed she would point to the door and say "Hi-ya?" and the first thing she said when we woke up was...you guessed it..."Hi-ya?". As it goes with little ones, I'm pretty sure that Sydney never drank from her own water bottle and even offered up her "genki" (Blankey) for Kalina during car rides.
We stayed busy...
...a visit to the San Fransisco Zoo...
| I wanna hold your ha-a-and... |
| Seriously? Adorable. |
| My Travel Buddy |
| Oh, this made me yearn for the newborn days when I would just sit and love on my sweet baby. |
Kalina's Mom, Coralie. Never in my life have I met a more patient, loving, endearing Mom...those are tall words, and I mean them. Everyone should have at least one role model that they strive to be like, and I pick her. I'd been around her before here and there, but spending four days straight with someone- you can't fake it that long. No faking...she really is the most patient, loving, endearing Mom to that sweet little girl. In all honesty- I have no clue how she does it...not once did she roll her eyes, sigh, let frustration in or get cross with Kalina. Amazing, inspiring and beautiful.
...the girls first "ride" while at Happy Hallows. This is where I was the Mom putting a screaming child on the ride because I knew she would love it (well, she kind of did) in the end. Coralie was the Mom pulling a screaming child off because she DID love it and didn't want to get off.
...a guided tour for me (while the girls slept) to the Golden Gate Bridge, Lombard Street, Sausalito, and Pier 39...
| She SLEPT through our visit to the Golden Gate Bridge. This picture is proof for her that she's been there. |
| Lombard Street |
| An awesome garlic loaf picked up at Fisherman's Wharf...yep, it's gone. |
| And we are all enjoying the view...my little cracker jack. |
...an awesome park filled with sand which was nothing less than a giggly reunion for Sydney to roll in...
...and at the end of the day...after dinners, baths, and put-downs...a glass of red, a brick of brie, a slice of carrot cake and long conversation awaited. It's true- friendship is a delicious thing.
3 comments:
Oh Megs, thank you so much for your kind words!! I am so touched and flattered. (Though we'll see how it goes...) It was wonderful having you guys here. THANK YOU for coming to visit!
Love reading this. I was wondering where you were! Good times, good friends, does not get any better, eh?
Love the bows. I hope you let her wear her hair like that sometime as it's adorable as only Syd can pull off.
The San Francisco post made me warm and fuzzy enough to almost over shadow the green monster. I look forward to the day when we all can play together again.
You know me, I have to comment on the food -- the bread looks awesome! Love the pics you've taken and love that you took the time to get Syd in the picture despite sleeping. Glad you had an awesome visit.
Post a Comment