I feel like all I do on this blog anymore is play catch-up. And today is no exception- I have a sleeping baby and a ticking clock in order to shower, iron clothes, fold the laundry, prepare a snack, prep dinner and be ready to get out the door when she wakes so that we can go pick up our friend Liane from the airport who will be staying with us for one week! Yippee!!!
We've done a lot of fun stuff lately, and I wanted it all up to date before I have a week long visitor and adorable pics to post after she leaves!
 |
| Playing in the fountain at Ann Morrison |
 |
| Playing naked in the backyard at Oma & Opa's. |
 |
| Last week we attended the horse races for the first time with Sydney- she loved it, and was every bit enthralled with the huge tractors as she was the fast horses. |
 |
| The biggest smiles these days happen with closed eyes. ♥ |
 |
| My cousin Jacob was married this past weekend to a sweet girl named Katie. Sydney wore the dress that the flower girls in our wedding wore- my cousin saved it and gave it to us at my baby shower in 2010. Check out those sweet red lips! |
 |
| I took Syd down to the river today to throw rocks and play in the water. Brrr...it's no ocean. |
 |
| She found this little guy walking on the rocks and didn't hesitate to pick it up...brave little girl! I tried really hard not to squeal and run away from her as I don't want her to be afraid of bugs- but I kept my distance. Thankfully I have a zoom lens to get the next pic. ;) |
 |
| Perhaps if we'd lived in Hawaii a little longer she would have been the cockroach killer! |
And that's everything in a nice little nutshell. Life is good!
2 comments:
Oh my we have a little Emma living inside this girl with the bugs! I love the eyes closed and when I get it done, that will be a significant part of my summer post. Too cute this granddaughter of mine. Have fun with Liane and I hope to see her some time. Love, Mom
Eleanor is in to bugs lately, too! Tonight she went around collecting ants and passing them out to people. Oh, I hope this is a quick phase! Even still, like you, I feigned interest and asked everyone else not to encourage her to squeal or stomp on them. If she doesn't like bugs I want her to come to the decision on her own.
Post a Comment