How embarrassing...I will never again "brag" about how caught up and ahead of myself I am on this blog! Seriously!!! Which means this will be a post about a ridiculously cute girl, the fun she had experiencing October, her first "cold" fall, the pumpkin patch, the crafts that we (patiently) did and some other fun stuff too...I'm in a picture sharing mood. :)
So, I did stick with my "craft" resolution...kinda. We made these pumpkin hats for our pumpkins which took an extreme amount of patience on my part. She's just not a I-wanna-sit-on-my-butt-and-do-an-art-project kind of girl. It's more like try to draw on EVERYTHING with marker, throw the butterflies across the room, place stickers everywhere but the hat and then get frustrated and dump whatever else she can find on the floor. That spells F-U-N for me! So, the next 2 projects have been helping me make Chex Mix...she's awesome at it...sits quietly, eats pretzels, stirs the mix, eats pretzels, eats a nut or two, eats pretzels, helps me pour in the cereal, eats pretzels, stirs, eats pretzels. We both enjoy the process and outcome of that "craft"!!!

We visited both Pumkin Patches that are in our town- the first with my "Mommy Group" and a whole bunch of cute little kids and the second time with Daddy and Gramma. We never made it to the hay ride to go pick out our pumpkin...the swings, horse rides, corn-box and petting zoo were enough! I can't believe I've never gone before! I had so much fun!!!
 |
| Riding "Midnight" the miniature pony. You can't see him cause he's that dark. ;) |
 |
| In the corn-box (which is the coolest freaking idea ever, btw) Daddy taught her how to dump corn down her shirt... |
 |
| ...and how to get it back out! |
 |
| I happily let Robby have the petting-zoo-feeding-animals job. The camel was hilarious- gross, slobbery, dirty and slobbery. His hand was covered in camel snot after this shot! |
 |
| Pumpkin Love |
 |
| Yes! She's TALL!!! |
 |
| At no particular moment did she look as though she was having the time of her life, but she was- she asked repetitively to go on the swings and smiled if you tried to grab her while she was going around. |
 |
| Ahhhh, the tractor train. The first place we went she had to ride alone which means I strapped her in and then she melted so she didn't ride. I was able to go with her on this one, but she still melted before and part of the beginning. I was happy she didn't love it as I wasn't going to go again...all that bumping around made me nauseous!!! |
 |
| Steal my heart. I will never grow tired of seeing this. There is just something about knowing the man you love adores the little girl you adore just as much. |
 |
| After getting slobbed by a camel...who doesn't deserve a big hug like this!?! |
 |
| I mean, really- my Mom rocks that face! |
|
|
Of course we carved a pumpkin this year! I even roasted the seeds...which, hmmm...are still all sitting in the cupboard...guess we didn't think they were as delicious as hoped! Sydney and Daddy picked out the pumpkin, and then Daddy carved it to match the pumpkin face on her ever-popular "Pumpkin Socks".
 |
| Posing for the camera...this is our new smile...head down, not at the camera... |
 |
| It's important to trace out your face before you carve it, right? |
 |
| Tada!!!! She's had so much fun seeing it lit nightly and pointing out other pumpkins around town! |
Sydney's adorable cousin MJ turned two last week and had a cool party to go with it...it was a big day for Sydney...she got to try cake for the first time. I don't think she really liked it all that much...she more or less LOVED it. After we allowed her the few bites we deemed appropriate we were sitting watching MJ open presents when Robby looked at me and said "Where's Sydney?"...and do you know where she was? Behind the table sneaking finger-fuls of frosting off the cake. Ayayayaya.
 |
| The kids got to paint pumpkins...with paint brushes. :) |
 |
| I argued with my Mom that we didn't give her any frosting...I guess the picture proves otherwise. Dangit. |
 |
| Her messy face after I caught her stealing cake. |
 |
| Me and my heart stopper. ♥ |
For those of you who made it this far, I left the real oohing and ahhing for last. Seriously! Have you EVER seen a cuter zebra?!?! Not even a real baby zebra has anything on this one...and I am happy to say (through the encouragement of a friend) that I made it...well, everything but the sweater and baby legs...so I made the ears, tail (my fav), skirt and matching trick-or-treat bag. If you asked her what she was going to be for Halloween she replied "zeba hayoween". Eat it up, folks.
 |
| "Sydney- give me your best zebra in headlights look." |
 |
| "Sydney- give me your best zebra charging face." |
 |
| "Sydney- give me your best 'Don't mess with this zebra' look." |
 |
| See why it's my fav? Adorable if I don't say so myself. |
 |
| We went and "treated" those that we love. |
 |
| Zebra mohawk. |
 |
| MJ giving his zebra cousin some lovin'. |
So there you have it...a busy, fun filled Halloweeny October. Yahoo! November is here- time to get ready for all things TURKEY!!!
5 comments:
Great job Babe ... great job. Seeing that girl never gets tiring. She is just the funnest granddaughter I could have ever hoped for. She just brings such joy when she is around. You and Robby too. I am SO HAPPY you are here! Love, MOM/Gramma
What a CUTIE!!! Nice job on the costume too. I still think she takes after her grandpa M. Love you all .Dad
I love, love, LOVE the costume! I miss seeing you guys. Stupid job.
Nice job, Mom! You know, now that there are going to be 2, you will have to lower that bar ;) (j/k)
I love all of Robby's faces, what a joy to have around for the less than funny parenting moments!
Great to see something on the blog & that you did indeed get your craft on :D
Great pictures!! I literally busted out in spit laced laughter over the facial expression on your husbands face (compliments of camel saliva!)
Post a Comment