Tuesday, December 27, 2011

December 25

Our 10th Christmas together and Sydney's 2nd Christmas didn't dissapoint.  Plus, we were home for Christmas, which I know I've said before, but it was SO nice to hug family instead of tell them "Merry Christmas" 2500 miles away.  I told my Mom Christmas felt 'bigger' this year, and I think it's because gifts weren't limited to what everyone could fit into a flat-rate shipping box.  We were spoiled rotten by everyone.  Here are some of my favorite pics from the big day.



She got a box of goldfish in her stocking...the first goldfish I have ever bought her, although she knows what they are...it's always a special treat when her friend Cooper shares them with her on our play dates.  She ate the entire box before opening another present.  You're supposed to get away with things like that on Christmas!

Daddy got a basketball hoop from Sydney...he was one happy Daddy.

Sydney's 2nd baby.  She got a baby from Santa when he visited Gramma's house.  (You can see those pics here.)

Once we had opened all our gifts at home, dressed in our new Hello Kitty shirt from Oma and arrived at Gramma/Grampa's house...this was Sydney's way of telling us- "Opening presents again?  Argh!"

Immense concentration put into opening and closing the doors of our new Cabela's pink hummer...a gift specially picked out by Grampa.

Tall man in a little tie!  I love this crazy cat!!!

Amazing art easels from Gramma/Grampa!  I see a painting disaster in my future!

Syd was privy to a home made quilt by Granny Jo Jo this year...lucky girl.


Bump progress...24 weeks and growing!!!

We spent Christmas Eve with Oma/Opa and family.  I love this picture...cause it's the same one every year.  Everyone crowds on the couch- we set up the old tripod and smile.  No one even bothers to remove glasses on the table, and I that's what I love about it- complete relaxation.




























A new blanket from Auntie Terri...she hasn't let it leave her side since Christmas Eve.  Every night she says "Mommy cover Sydney up?"

Hoping you all had a wonderful Christmas as well!!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Love, love, love -- all of you. My head wasn't screwed on right this Christmas, but one thing I know is that is just felt "right" having you guys amongst the wonderful chaos called family. I love that toothy grin pose with Syd and her new baby. That big of a toothy smile is not something we see often. Great posting. Love, Mom

Unknown said...

OKay, great post but what I really what to say is how awespme your hair looks, long & healthy, I think I have a crush on you ;)