I'm hooked on this Santa thing. While Sydney wasn't really old enough to "get it" this year, I was...and I had a BLAST with her Santa gift. I'm not going to pretend that I came up with this idea myself...no one would believe me anyways. I was doinking around on pinterest a few weeks ago and stumbled upon
this. I had purchased Sydney a set of pots/pans the day before and was immediately convinced that we couldn't give her pots/pans without giving her a kitchen to put them in first. Enter the Santa idea.
Here was our starting piece:
 |
| $20 off of Craigslist |
It was an interesting man-project for my husband whose tools are still in storage...he put a drill, a dremil and some handy-man ideas into making it just right. I must insert that I love this about him- his ability to creatively think of original ways to get the job done...makes me excited for all the future projects I can sign him up for!!! I happily contributed to the really important things: the colors, fabrics, knobs and design. Here is our finished project- a play kitchen custom-made for our sweetheart.
 |
| I even sewed her curtain and hand towels...a sincere test of patience and with much help from my Mom. |
 |
| Decoupaged burners and a 1940's ceramic bowl that I fell in love with on Etsy. All knobs turn. |
 |
| Opening! |
 |
| Getting right to business cooking. |
She enjoys it, and lucky me got a (pretend) pickle sandwich today, but the real enjoyment came from the fun we had and the anticipation of giving it to her. I asked Robby when we were finished what his favorite part of the kitchen was. He replied, "Watching you have so much fun with it." I'm not totally convinced this Santa thing is just for kids.
2 comments:
Eeeeeee!!!!! SO COOL! I have seen these & adored others handiwork & now that is you I am admiring! Way to go, so , so , so cute!
LOVE LOVE LOVE the kitchen! You may be Thee most creative person I know. I have no idea where you find the time or the drive. I love the "Sydney" box in the cabinet!!!
I'm going to contract your services when we move back to FL to help me decorate the girl's (still weird to say plural) rooms.
Miss you my creative friend.
Post a Comment