It's been a painting week. Started with homemade salt dough ornaments and ended with fun in the tub tonight. AND? Didn't go in the mouth ONCE! Not once! Of course, it took multiple reminders and lots of "if it goes in your mouth we are all done" threats, but it worked...and it was enjoyable for both of us. Success! Enough talking- lets allow the picture to do that, shall we?
 |
| I have to admit that I was surprised at how well this went...how she was diligently putting green on each ornament. |
 |
| Eventually we painted with our hands....and Mommy's finger was a cool paintbrush too! |
I got this fun idea off of
pinterest (♥) so we gave it a try...shaving cream bath tub paint. I didn't overkill it on the dye as I didn't want a stained bathtub one month before we move! She loved it, and the best part was that when we were done it was an easy clean-up. The only downside? My two year old now smells like a 70 year old man who just shaved with Barbasol. YUCK.
 |
| Let the masterpiece BEGIN! |
|
 |
| Nice coverage, eh? |
Saw a quote that I loved today:
Happiness is what happens on just an ordinary day. It fits. :)
6 comments:
How did you EVER keep her from eating the shaving cream! Good job momma ... persistence is paying off.
I know, right? I found myself wanting to try it too...looked like cool whip.
OK. Your art projects make me feel like a boring mom!! She is so stinking cute!!! and are those big girl panties she's wearing?
Also, what is this biz about moving?
I second all of Laura's questions. Huh? Huh? ( I know I am one to talk after taking 6 months to blog about our move )
Aubrey- they are "big girl panties" but that doesn't mean she is potty trained...or even close. I just wanted to take some pics and not have them all be naked- and I didn't want the shaving cream to sting anywhere. ;)
In February we get to move into our home in Eagle. We bought it 3 weeks before we moved to Hawaii and have rented it out the last four years...the tenants lease is up at the end of January so we get to leave our apt and go fill a home! YAY!!!
Yay! The house! So excited for you 4 :) Thanks for filling me in.
Post a Comment