Monday, February 27, 2012

33 Weeks

Ahhhhhh!!!!  It's getting close!!!!!  Am I ready?  NO!!!!!  I have been nothing but honest to everyone who asks me lately...and completely open to everyone not asking...that this little cutie pie can just stay in the oven as long as he/she wants...we are in NO rush!  I can't believe the countdown is 7 weeks...or less...or more...which is the fun part- not knowing, right?  Don't get me wrong- I'm anxious as heated popcorn to burst open and find out who has been kicking me all along, how Sydney will interact with a sibling, how my love will expand with two children and how in the HELL I am going to do it...but we can just wait a good 7 more weeks until we experience all of that!

As far as being pregnant goes, I absolutely love it.  I loved the big belly with Sydney, and I love the big belly I am sporting now.  I kind of forget that it's there and when I bend down to pick something up or try to sit up straight from a lying position I am kindly reminded.  Peanut M&M's are still and have been my constant chocolate crave this entire pregnancy.  It takes an extreme amount of will power to pass them up while in the bulk section at Winco.

I don't feel overly emotional except for when I am at the gym on the treadmill watching "A Baby Story"...I tear up almost every time when the Mom and Dad are first introduced to the baby they've been waiting to meet for 9 long months.  To make it worse, Pampers has this new commercial that they ALWAYS run while that show is playing that talks about each baby being a miracle, and that one gets me too.  I try to pretend like I'm wiping the sweat off my face...it's really the tears- which if I stop to think about, is a tad embarrassing.  

So far, this babys' movements are completely different compared to the way that Sydney moved, kicked, flipped, flopped and scooted around while in utero.  I feel great- am completely worn out by the end of the day if I don't take advantage of naptime and get some sleep myself.  Night time sleep is a joke- between peeing 2-3 times, flipping back and forth to get comfortable on my side (I hate side sleeping) and dreaming all these CRAZY dreams- I don't get much shut eye.  I suppose it's all practice for when the baby is here!

We're painting the nursery this weekend and I feel a bit guilty that I haven't gotten all gung-ho into it like I feel I should.  I suppose I feel it's a mute point as the baby will be co-sleeping with us, so there won't be a crib, and the changing table will most likely be in our room for convenience sake.  Either way- it's getting painted and perhaps after I see sweet yellow walls I'll be more inspired to decorate.  Funny how with your first born you go out and buy the matchy-matchy bed sets- lamp shades- art work, etc...and then comes the beauty of the relaxation you have with the second.  I used to think that was a bad thing, but lately I believe it's a blessing.  I have started to sift through all of Sydney's baby clothes...which was a fun, sentimental task.  Hard to believe she was ever THAT small and hard to believe this one will be that small.  I'll wash a handful of them for if it's a girl and have some newborn stuff if it's a boy that I can wash when we get home.  I don't have an overwhelming feeling either way on what gender the baby will be- I think I naturally say/think girl more frequently only because that's all I know...and we have our girl name finalized, but not our boy name.  I do think about it a lot, and am excited for the reveal.

Speaking of reveal...aka labor...I really am excited.  Weird, right?  I'm anxious to see how it's different than my first labor and hopeful that it's a lot shorter.  I know what to expect going into this time which gives me a sense of power, and calmness that I can indeed do this again.

Enough jib-jab...here's the pics.



2 comments:

Love, Mom said...

I love your honesty and vulnerability. Obviously you have already bonded if you are crying over the shows wondering who Baby Gerichs is and how he/she will blend into the family. It's been odd for us too not having names to associate with the baby to get us mentally excited for who it is that will be coming to greet us. But, we respect your desire to do it the way you want. Your pictures are so cute especially that last one. It rocks me!

Unknown said...

My favorite is the pic where you look like you are flashing the camera ;) You are still so and and fit and I hate you. (just kidding, but really? how are you on the treadmill with your belly?) Cannot wait to see whatever ends up happening with the nursery. I am a sucker for a good DIY before and after.