| My dare devil hunk leaning over stairs to get the job done. This boy didn't put in one night under midnight in order to get it all done and move a pregnant lady in. ♥ |
Syd's room is my favorite as it is the only complete room in the house as far as decor is concerned. All walls except for hers are blank and have me wondering what in the world I am going to do with them. Someday it will be decorated, but for now- there's lots of empty space...which after living clustered for four years in a condo and an apartment, is welcomed.
Two months ago I got the itch to make Sydney some birds for her bedroom. What initially started as a plan to have them painted turned into a project for myself. I found a piece of scrapbook paper that had a bunch of birds on it and fell in love with the shapes of the different birds. I used their templates to make my birds, but had fun picking out fabric, hand embroidering and then sewing them to duck cloth. Robby made all of the frames for me and then we stretched the duck cloth to look like canvas. I somehow got excited while cutting out my birds and ended up with 15 of them...what an undertaking and a project that caused me a little frustration, stress, but a huge amount of joy and accomplishment in the end. I dubbed it a nesting project and kept at it during naptime and after Syd when to bed nightly until I finished. I made some hanging book displays for her walls to match the birds, but that idea wasn't my own...that was an amazing pinterest find and I would recommend EVERYONE do it! It was so easy and they look adorable on the wall. You can get instructions here.
| Here's an up-close for detail. |
We're all loving the new space. Sydney enjoys hiding in numerous closets and nooks and crannies. She likes the hard wood floors and how she can slide around when we have dance parties, and the huge tub in our bathroom that easily fits all three of us. When we're out and on our way home she'll ask me "Mom, where's my new house?" I'm loving all the storage space and the fact that it's not all crammed with stuff. I adore the kitchen and the fireplace is one of my new best friends. This is the first time I've had a laundry room that isn't in a closet, and I don't think I have ever washed/folded laundry with such a smile on my face. Robby is tickled pink to finally have a garage again and says he looks in open garages as he drives by hoping to get ideas for storage racks and organization. He's itching for spring to come so he can get his hands in some much needed yard work. It's funny the little things you appreciate after not having them.
| Sporting Daddy's hat and my shirt for our nightly "dance party". |
| BIG smiles around here. |
Now, if we could just get this place completed- we can have a baby! More on that in a future post!
3 comments:
Looks SO great! I am thankful you posted the update with some pics, I am such a stalker ;) Love the colors & the birds!!!! Sweet for that girl's room, you are fast becoming the craftiest person I know. Great job, Mama!
Woah! I LOVE the new background template. Yep, I should've gone with Blogspot. Regret, regret. So you know your readers are going to want to see MORE of your pretty house colors. I see a future post coming. How come I just heard about these "dance parties" the other night? Sounds like fun. :-) Love, MOM
Wow all that and not even the littlest love towards the center piece of the house. you know what I mean. As soon as my boy gets better we are inviting our-self's over to have a look around. Pictures look good.
Post a Comment