Monday, February 6, 2012

Monstrous Little Moments

I had a monstrous little moment in my 25 months of being "Mommy" tonight.

I was painting trim at our new house tonight and Sydney came up to me unsolicited, put her hand around me and I repeat:  "Hi Mommy.  Luv you." and gave me a huge hug.  WOW.  Talk about feeling on top of the world.  Don't really know how else to explain the surge of happiness that moment held.

I wanted to blog about it immediately because I never want to forget the first time she said it to me without me saying it first...although, I don't think I ever could...just like I'll never forget the first time Robby told me he loved me.  Important, special moments like that pick a chunk of our heart, make themselves comfortable and plan to be around for the long haul.

I'm loved.  I'm shining.

2 comments:

MOM said...

That's sweetness like no other. :- Nothing like those mommy moments. MOM

Unknown said...

Ooh, let's find a way to bottle it up, OK? So precious & worth all the trouble they can be!! Glad you journaled it right away.