Monday, March 26, 2012

Bits and Pieces

There's a lot going on...this is some of the randomness in my life.

I took a break from life and made an Easter decoration for my dining room table.  I'd seen it on pinterest and wanted in on the fun.  They are just water balloons with embroidery thread dipped in mod podge and water and wrapped.  I'd be withholding information if I didn't admit that I cried twice during this project.  When is the last time you tried to blow up a water balloon with air instead of water?  You'd probably cry too.

I think I'll make some bigger ones for the nursery.  Squeal!  Speaking of nursery- wanna see the completed paint job???  I love it.  LOVE IT.  I haven't taken decorating very far, but will add more once the baby is here and I have a 'theme' figured out in my head. For now the embroidery hoops seem naked, but once we know who this cutie is, I will add a decoupaged name and some more hoops filled with more boy or girl patterns.  
The colors aren't done justice in this picture.  The ones on the left side of the picture are realistic...the ones by the closet seem to be brightened by the flash.



While we're on the baby topic- I'm now 37 weeks and I am SO SO anxious and curious.  Not to the point that I must get this baby out of me NOW, but I'm just so intrigued that there will be another little love in the house.  Who will it be?  What will they look like?  How will Sydney react?  How will I react?  When will I go into labor?  How long will it be?  On and on and on.  I've committed to thinking it's a boy...and I think that's primarily b/c we STILL have not finalized the boy name and because I have all of 4 blue things.  Either way- I'm getting the baby giddies. 

I also feel sentimental about my alone time with Syd getting shorter.  And I'd be lying if I didn't say that my #1 worry is how to keep her occupied while I'm nursing all day...at least I remember it taking a looooonnnggg time in the beginning- and me not having a care in the world- just spending hours nuzzling her and not thinking twice about how long she was latched on for or how long it had been since I'd moved from the couch.  I think that's one of the beautiful things about a first born.  The fact that time just doesn't exist with your first.  I wish I could give that same undivided and constant attention to this one, but I know that's not reality.  I'm sure I'll find new ways to make everything work...at least that's what I'm banking on.  (Enter advice from any Mom of two here...?)

I feel like I have a bucket list of things to cross off before life gets busIER.  (Hunger Games...check!)  I enjoyed a date with my husband last week...only to feel extremely OLD at the end of it.  After our dinner and movie we stopped for coffee and a cinnamon roll.  The barista asked us "what are you guys up to tonight?" as if it was our first stop for the evening.  We both started laughing out loud as Robby replied- "We're parents and it's 10:00...we're doing GOOD being out this late...but it's our last stop!"  Not sure the guy knew what to say...so he complimented us on our matching shirt and scarf. 
36 Week Bump
Sydney started "school" this past week...we enrolled her in a Learning Center where she is in a classroom of just two-year-olds and spends 5 hours one day a week with them.  I cried like it was Kindergarten when I took her for the first time...and I'm sure that was attributed to the fact that she merely looked at me and said 'bye'.  Whaaaaaaaaaaa.  I'm looking forward to having her interact and socialize in a setting where I'm not present and hovering- although I really do try not to do that!  It will also allow for a few hours a week for just me and the baby...and perhaps on those mornings I can just sit on the couch and gaze.  When I asked her what she was going to do at school she replied "Listen to chalk talks, read books, sing songs, play with little boys."  It was a positive first trip and she's looking forward to going back again.






















I'm inundated with pictures of the goofy smile I love, so here's some favorites:











































My husband turned 32 this week, and I cannot tell you how fun it was to help celebrate with a 2 year old.  I mean, they are so INTO birthdays...how can you not join along???  I asked her for weeks what she'd like to buy Daddy for his birthday and she continually said "A cupcake!", so that's what she got him.  We stopped by the cupcake shoppe and she picked out one for him (and a mini for her) and we took it to his work.  We had successfully kept it a surprise until we were in front of the cupcake shoppe...I called to ask him what kind of coffee he wanted and she started screaming from the back seat- "Daddy want a cupcake?  Want a cupcake?"  I giggled about it all the way to his work...and I'm actually impressed she didn't spill the beans earlier.  For his return home that evening we threw a birthday party.  (That means we had balloons, streamers, confetti and a fancy centerpiece from the dollar store.)  She ran outside to him and said "Daddy!  I got you a birthday party!"  The excitement was contagious, and I'm positive it made his day. 
"Cheers!"

A birthday kiss.





















It was actually a mistake adding these to the face...it left permanent something- we both had red dots for two days.























Getting all the birthday love he could handle.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet sweet sweet! It IS contagious, even from cyberspace. Love the eggs, love the nursery progress, & now I want a cupcake :D

Mom XXOO said...

I love that nursery! Can't wait to see a baby in it. Love the last picture too. So Sydney and so Robby.

The Higgs said...

I <3 LOVE LOVE LOVE the nursery!!! That will be one great thing about moving home eventually - I can decorate (or at least call my friend Meg's to come dream up something fabulous for me).

The picture of Robbie and Syd smooching made me tear!

You look as pregnant as I did --- at 22 weeks.

miss you so much. Keep on keepin on. .... or at least resting while you can.

Your Hubby said...

First off the eggs LOOKED fantastic!! Of course they LOOK different now that Sydney got her hands on them. :o) Great job!

Second, I've got to give you two thumbs up on the nursery color selection and design. It rocks!

Lastly, thanks for the birthday surprise. I always love seeing you ladies, especially when you come bearing cupcakes!