Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter!

Easter has come and gone (already) and I'm left with memories of a crazy/fun/exciting and memorable day.  On a side note, it's now been ONE YEAR since we moved home from Hawaii which completely baffles me that an entire year can slip by you so ridiculously fast.  Anyhow...Easter.  The Easter Bunny came, and I'm pretty sure it will be more fun next year.  She didn't really know what to do with the eggs besides open them, discard the shell and attempt to eat the few pieces of candy that she got.  I had to keep encouraging her to go get more eggs and see what was inside.
She just STOOD there!


My husband and his 70-year-old back took a hit on Saturday, so he spent the better part of the day laying down, stretching and talking to us all from the floor. That didn't stop us all from having fun with Oma & Opa and Uncle Danny and Aunt Leah who came over for brunch.  It was good food, good company and the weather?  GORGEOUS so we were able to chat outside which was SO refreshing and wonderful.
Giving Daddy some floor love.




My pregnant sister-in-law, Leah- she's due late June and it's a girl!!!





































Plans to have a picnic with my side of the family were thwarted because my sweet new nephew, Jayden Lane Mouser, decided to come meet us all!!!  Congrats a million times over to my brother, his wife who was a champ and their oldest son MJ!!!  If you haven't already read it, you can see some sweet pictures and the story at my mom's blog here.  Robby was in no shape to get into a car, so Sydney and I took off in the pm to go check out her new cousin.  It was interesting- a twinge of jealousy that I was NOT expecting...tears from her when I was holding him, and even a little aggression- she tried to swat at him once.  When I asked her if she wanted to hold him she would say yes only to change her mind a minute later and then announce "I want to go to the car!"  Should be interesting bringing home our baby!!!






















I guess I thought it would be cool to take on a fun "project" I found on pinterest (dang website)...which was baking cupcakes inside of egg shells.  It took a ridiculously long time to poke holes, shake the egg out, wash the egg, soak the egg, wash the egg, fill the egg and then clean the MESS it made...but they were adorable and people enjoyed them.  They looked like an egg with a tiny hole in the top, but when you cracked them open a cupcake surprise greeted you!

Hope all of you had a delightful Easter!

3 comments:

Matt said...

Thank you for visiting us in the hospital Monday, hope Robbie is doing better. Love the pictures mom took of you and Syd. See you and the new BABY soon. Love you. Matt

Unknown said...

Oh, he is so handsome! What a fun time for your WHOLE family. Syd will probably end up being Jayden's biggest fan :)

The Higgs said...

you are ridiculously patient and talented. love you.