Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Growin' Up

Good golly, I have a three month old.  I feel like time went SO slowly when Sydney was a baby- it was just her and I in a tiny little condo in the middle of great big Honolulu with nothing but time and a camera on hand.  Now I am rushing to jot down milestones faster than I'd like to.  For example- we're already rolling over from belly to back, we're giggling killer giggles, chatting up a storm, and just yesterday she found her thumb...really, is there anything more adorable than a little baby sucking their thumb?!?!  She loves her tummy time and standing is a new favorite.  She's still a cuddle bug, but is getting more and more active- laying on her back looking at blankness just won't do!  She wakes up happy, flashes smiles to anyone who is willing to look her in the eyes and say "Simone Olivia!" and reminds me daily what a lucky lady I am to be called Mommy to such sweet girls.

Here she is testing out the swimming pool in the back yard for the first time.  The smiles?  They're totally directed at her favorite big sister, who had her laughing just by splashing and laughing herself.  









I really don't think the girls look much alike any longer.  In some ways at birth, Simone was a Sydney repeat- but now...she's growing into her own self, and I don't notice too many similarities.  And then I took this next picture, and was amazed at how identical their eye shapes are.  I love the gorgeous little almonds my girls have!
















My Mom was over last night to take 3-month pictures...seriously, I just got done filling my house with newborn pics, and now I need more frames just so I can put these up!!!!! (Fairly Candid if you or someone you knows needs some amazing pics!)

























 Sydney continues to be a wonderful big sister- looking out for Mone, holding her hand, trying to make her giggle, and taking all toys away from her.  Hmph.  Really?  You REALLY need to play with that rattle right now, after I JUST gave it to your sister???  This too shall pass, right...?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures, as usual. I really love the tutu one & Syd's face is priceless in the last one. You are doing a great job of getting it all on the blog. I was told that whatever is lacking from Mom for the second child is made up ten fold by the relationship with the sibling. Who needs a baby book with an awesome big sis, right? :) You know that is why Matt turned out so good, because he had you to grow up with. ;)

MOM said...

Wow, thanks for the kudos momma. I too loved the last one of Sydney and only wish Simone would have smiled instead of wondering "what is this crazy sister doing now!" You always write so well and it's always fun to know which pics are your favorite. You take great ones too! Sweet comment from Aubrey. Neat way to look at the second and first child's relationship. Love you, mom

Higgs said...

I think the taking toys will pass in about .....never. it will just switch to boyfriends. The look on Syds face going down the slide is awesome. I love the very last pic of Mone with the blue background is perfect. Your mom rocks.