Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fair Time

We 'faired' last year...and when it was all over we said- "Bye, bye fair!  We'll see you next year!"...and really, a 1 1/2 year old just doesn't get "next year" because we talked and talked and talked about when we could go back.  We randomly requested this or that dress be the one we wore to the fair...we talked about what shoes we wanted to wear to the fair...we talked about riding the rides with MJ...petting the animals.  We looked at the calendar Gramma made for us that had fair pictures and talked about it some more.  And then, next year came....Thursday came...and it was FINALLY time to go to the fair.

I love the fair...kind of always have, but now...I adore it.  My top five reasons:

1.  Ridiculous anticipation.
2.  Squeals, giggles, smiles, screaming and the word "AGAIN!!!"    
3.  Not feeling at all guilty about the smoothie, pita, ice cream, pizza and milk shake I put down.  None. At. All.
4.  Watching my 6'8" husband crammmmmm those legs into kiddie rides with his baby.
5.  The cows.  I was quite disappointed that they'd removed all the gargantuan black angus cows before I could oogle over how large and fat they are.  Plus, I was looking forward to Sydney watching a dairy cow get milked- missed that too.  Good think there's next year!


We didn't just fair for an hour or two...we went all out and spent 9, yes NINE hours at the hot Western Idaho Fair. And when it was all done, we went home happy, tired, dirty and ready to see the fair again...but not until next year.






5 comments:

Mom said...

Oh Megan, I loved this post so much! What a sweet, fun, creative entry. I got those giggles when Syd and I were on the swing. I would shake it and say "OH NO! We're going to crash!" She roared with giggles. I think I heard the ride attendant one time tell me not to do it ... or maybe it was my imagination so I ignored it and did it again. On the Merry-Go-Round as we put our feet up in the seat she giggled as I pretended to go to sleep after she said "let's take a nap". If I got those few responses, I can only imagine what a crazy mom and dad got from her. So fun. So so cute, all of you. I haven't even downloaded my pictures yet, but when I do I'll be posting as well.

Unknown said...

You guys are clearly doing it right! I want to go with you "next year" ! NINE hours???? That is so rad. Maybe we should all pack up and be carnies :) I know people would pay to see Robby's leg trick and Simone's delicious cheeks, you could have an endless supply of fair food and Syd would never have to wait for the next year :)

Your Hubby said...

In all do respect I found an omission in your posting. Sorry to have to point it out here (as I know you'll get a huge case of blog embarrassment). But, I need to inform your readers.

You omitted the caption for the pink elephant picture. What's with that? Don't you remember how I had to beg Sydney to death to ride it with me? Thankfully she relented and accompanied me on the ride. However, I'll never forget as we swung around in circles, at a snails pace, when you were taking the picture Sydney uttered, "Dad, can you please stop? You're embarrassing me in front of all the carnies." :o)

Laura said...

They should rename it "The Great" instead of "the fair" after the time it looks like you all had :o)
I hope we have as much fun next week at ours.

Laura said...

They should rename it "The Great" instead of "the fair" after the time it looks like you all had :o)
I hope we have as much fun next week at ours.