It really wasn't until Simone came along that I seriously understood the advice all those parents before me had given. All the memories gush in about Syd's first milestones and how they seem like a lifetime ago make me sad in a way. I know there's many more to come- but it really makes me realize how quickly this time goes...how precious these young days are, and how phases REALLY do pass...usually with harder ones coming, and then those pass too. Makes me sweat the small stuff less and enjoy the sometimes crazy life we have. (Sidenote: I cannot, however not sweat the fact that my daughter is now calling me Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma instead of Mommy and it is driving me absolutely bonkers. I know, it will pass.)
Simone just made four months and to celebrate that milestone, she broke two teeth. It feels weird saying that. Seems entirely too young, but what do I know? She has happily found her toes and this week those toes found her mouth. It's her favorite thing to do now- lay on her back and talk to her toes. Sydney continues to get the best giggles out of her- usually when she is doing something silly like spinning in circles or jumping up and down. Sometimes she'll say a word that Mone with deem funny so she'll repeat it until it's not funny anymore. Recent examples are "junk food" and "coffee." She is a cuddler to no end and I think everyone who comes in contact with her is soaking up that quality- especially Daddy.
I came across this picture of Daddy and couldn't get over how much Simone's eyebrows, forehead and eyes look like him. (And how much Syd has his nose!)
I will admit that the recent turn of events- realizing I only have 2 months before baby-food prep begins, having a baby with two teeth, a four month old wearing 9/12 month clothes (yes, she's a tank) have made me start baby pining again. No, we're not going to go for #3 anytime soon- but I will admit my excitement for a third just so we can do this all over again. I feel giddy about our future!
3 comments:
Such a sweet write-up. I love the love.
preaching to the choir on the pining for the babyness thing. Remind me of that tomorrow when I put our 1st born in time out for the 100th time.
I will let you know in advance I am going to pinch that babies cheeks and blow zurberts on her chunky legs when I see her. I think it's sooo cute that Simone and Indi have matching teeth! Soul sistas.
We too have taught the anatomically correct parts but have limited to female 'cause we could. I can't wait for that discovery that I am sure will be broadcast.
Thanks for making us laugh out loud tonight visualizing Syd yelling in the toothpaste isle.
And the third would no doubt be another beautiful girl! :) All my boys were tanks and I loved seeing them thrive but it did make it go faster :(
Collin is currently obsessed with big tummies. He will see a stranger and say, "Hey mister! I love your big fat belly!" :/ YIKES.
Post a Comment