Slow down, days...you're coming too quickly, leaving without a proper goodbye and causing this mama to get behind!
Our second camping trip of the season (aka marshmallowing trip) was just as fun as the first...maybe even better since we got to enjoy some shade, an awesome river that was perfect for the kids and a big fat bathtub (aka swimming pool) known as Silver Creek Plunge. Had a first on this trip: Sydney got to go fishing with her very own pole with Daddy and Grampa...she even helped reel it in- but wasn't too impressed with Daddy holding it up to her face afterwards. Plus, the flip-flopping that those slimy things do kinda freaked her out. She definitely belongs to me. Yuck.
And seriously, what would camping be with without our little buddy MJ to either fight or play with? Seriously- they are so b/w...there's no gray. Either we're best friends or enemies...which makes it an interesting time! I couldn't get enough of his cute antics- for example...this is "Football Guy"...using his mama's hair bands. He thinks it looks like a helmet and I loved watching the passerby's wonder what in the hell was on his face only to have Gramma reply- "Meet football guy!" Oh, and I hope I never forget the summer of "Police Offica Mouser!" who gave anyone and everyone tickets, took them to jail with their hands behind backs (to the coolers) and even played along when you put him in jail. I don't think I could box all the creative cuteness this kid has!
Simone adorably sported my swimsuit from 1982. Both girls have now worn it...my Mom definitely got her money's worth when she bought it 30 years ago. Honestly? I love the frilly little number and if I were to run across one like it in Target, why, I just might add it to the cart.
Swimming wears everyone out- even Daddy got a much needed nap in the mountains.
Three random side notes:
1. My hair SERIOUSLY needs to stop falling out.
2. Where did these nails come from? I'm rockin' some nails right now...and really, that NEVER happens.
3. Happy 45th birthday to my Mom today!
9 years ago
nu=328+%293+4%29;79%29WSNRCG=37;;3485%28332+nu0mrj.jpg)
nu=328+%293+4%29;79%29WSNRCG=37;;326+8+32+nu0mrj.jpg)








2 comments:
Oh gosh! You've got to be kidding! 45! Heck, that makes me look reallllly old if I'm only 45. And those are some really cute pictures ... who took them? At least you're on the ball and getting the memories posted. Good for you as I am seriously behind! You are so right on with your write up too. Fun times Meg.
I love that your mom kept the suit! I am keeping a handful of things but I hope it's the "right ones". The lake looks awesome. Love the family shots. I'm pining for some Gerichs!
Post a Comment