I loved February. It was a big month for the girlies in this house.
To kick it off- Miss Mone tackled the art of crawling and oh my, what a chunky delight it was to watch her take two shuffles forward only to rest herself on the ground before tackling another set. My kitchen floor has never been cleaner. She can now get around pretty good, but isn't a speed demon...more of a bark then bite. She slams her hands down when going "fast" so she sounds quick, but I still have time to close the cupboard door, or pick up that inedible destination from the floor. She really uses crawling as a means to stand somewhere- so she spends a lot of time standing...and bouncing and smiling.
She has stayed true to her teeth/month count as she hooked a molar last month and we now have 9 big ones. Big- they really are big teeth!!!
She's a babbling beauty who will make a funny sound and then giggle at herself...and her favorite time to do that is midnight which makes it difficult to stay mad at her for being up in the middle of the night. She has no interest in baby toys, but prefers to play 'little girls' with Big Sis- trying to find all the smallest pieces before Sydney or I confiscate them from her.
She shakes her head "no" when I try to feed her from a spoon- so I will lay it on her highchair and she will promptly pick it up and do it herself. Luckily for me, it almost always makes it in there- unless it's something too liquid and then it is just EVERYWHERE. My favorite part about eating time is the little moaning she does while she's eating. It only stops if there's no food in there, only to start up again once she has another bite. She could be fooling everyone, but it sounds as though she is loving my cooking! Avocado, blueberry & amaranth and banana are our top picks...and recently anything in cube (not pureed) form. A chatty little love she is!
 |
| We LOVE bath time!!! |
 |
| ♥eyes♥ |
 |
| This would be blackberries for the first time. Reminds me of this post I did of Sydney. |
Sydney announced one day that she was ready for a 'big girl bed' so Daddy removed the front of her crib and converted it to a toddler bed. I am continually amazed at how well it has all transitioned- I have had to put her back into bed two times total after she played with her animals for an hour and thought that that constituted as nap time. Some days she still hollers "Mom! Can I get up?" and other days she tiptoes so quietly that I'm sure she's going to scare the petunias out of me one of these days when I turn around and am not expecting a 3 year old standing there.
She has outgrown (ok, figured out that it will only result in consequences) the "No fair!" and "That's not nice!" stage and we now say "Ah, nuts" to everything- which in most cases, cracks me up. She continues to adore Simone and loves when she will come sit next to her and play. If Mone crawls away I will frequently hear- "Now I don't have a buddy to play with me!"
She's always trying to bargain ice cream or popcorn or a campout after dinner. Always. She will randomly announce "I am going to be a good listener today." and boy do I wish that stuck in the front of her mind the entire day!!! She's a lover and continually keeps me remembering to keep the playing field 'even' between her and Simone. She's very aware if Mone gets sung to, or an extra hug...or if she gets to stay up later. She's my mini-ref and I love her!
 |
| Mom took this money picture. Grampa is responsible for the laugh. Frame worthy! |
 |
| All these animals. Every night. |
 |
| Campout with Daddy! This consists of bringing down all animals, popping popcorn and then having flashlight fun before crashing on the couches that are scotched together. She adores this!!! |
I also loved this month because of Valentines Day- which is abnormal for me. Probably one of my least favorite holidays (behind Halloween)...I have quickly discovered that it's just so much more fun when you have little Valentines to surprise and entertain. I decorated mini mailboxes for each of my love's and everyday they got 'mail' which was a heart that contained a reason why I loved them to collect on their doors. It was a fun project, stretching me to think of unique reasons for all of them. Once Sydney learned that I really was never, ever going to put candy in it- she got pretty excited about what I loved about her everyday...announcing "We've got mail!" when she saw the flags up. We made mini candy machines out of terra cotta planters for Daddy & our Grandparents, and made make-your-own pizzas for dinner that night. I'll call the whole holiday a success- especially after Rob and I got some snuggle date time on Saturday night thanks to Gramma and Grampa for watching the girls. I just love date night. Can I get an AMEN!?

 |
| "I love you to pieces" |
.jpg) |
| Valentines for Daddy |
 |
| Ooh, this was fun. I threw a Valentine's Day party for the little girls...and boy was Syd amazed when she found it the next morning!!! |
 |
| I stole Syd's red glitter bow and wore it on V-day. I totally took this picture and the next of my red polka dot pants for my friend Aubrey, whose style I totally envy. |
 |
| I love these pants!!! |
 |
| Syd's Valentine's gift- new Hello Kitty kicks. |
 |
| Valentine's from Gramma to the girls. |
 |
| My magnet valentine from my Mom. How cute that she still gets/makes me one? I love it! |
Oh, and the fact that it is finally warming up outside...makes me tickly for spring! Hello, March!!!
3 comments:
Wow, what cute pics. It looks like Valentimes day is now a favorite. They grow up so fast don't miss a moment of it. lol
Wow, what do I love about this post? Ok, what DON'T I love about this post! I love it all from those wonderful pictures of the girls in their striped shirts (wink) to the stories of the girls. All so fun and true. I LOVED those heart shaped pizzas and Syd's look over them and over daddy at their campout. What great memories she is going to have. Such a dang good creative momma you are. And such a great daddy in the house as well. All my kids sure know how to parent and I have such sweet cute and funny g-babes because of it. It was a big month wasn't it. Why the heck did it leave so fast?!
I'm with your Dad, looks like you've found a favorite holiday. Love all the details you tended to so that it was fun for everyone. AND...those pants!! GET. IT. GIRL. they are too perfect on your long thin legs. Also, add that red sparkle bow to the list of things I would shamelessly steal from my own daughter ;)
Happy Heart Day! Now can you find a way to make St. Patty's awesome? ;)
Post a Comment