My sweet Sydney by far has the least amount of patience for all things crafty and was ready to move onto the next thing as soon as the first had started. She gets all the paint colors mixed together and ends up painting brown usually, because that's the color you get when you mix them all! I don't encourage water at the paint table...because it usually gets poured ONTO our picture. MJ and Charlie are much neater crafters- which stereotypically surprises me as they are boys and I have the girl here. I love when my silly stereotypes are broke down...humbles me to remember that every kid is original in their own ways and gender expectations can go ship sail. The two boys never mixed colors, and were deep in concentration...with both tongues busy working outside of their mouths. My dad does that, so I notice it on everyone- the inability to keep your tongue still when you are desperately concentrating on something. I love that!
They made paper plate chicks, chick footprints (Mone's couldn't BE any cuter) and painted pots to plant tulips/marigolds in.
![]() |
| Note the smudged paint and mostly brown pot. :) |

![]() |
| This is Mae. She's almost two, loves to read and couldn't get any cuter. |


Once we were all painted out, we ate pizza and this snazzy Granny Jo Jo (nice shot, Mom!) made delicious chocolate cake which I am quiet certain was the highlight of the day for the little tots.
Thanks again, Auntie for a delightful day!!!





4 comments:
I just think your jealous of my tongue movement. It really moves to help me keep my balance. Not really. When I was young i studdered. I couldn;t say yum so I just licked my lips. haha .
Your dad.:-) I loved Syd's concentration and I thought she did great. Send me an email with those finished chick projects please. I never took one and they are so cute. Also, the one of Granny Jo Jo? Trust me, she was not smiling at my camera. I perched myself and waited for the moment when she turned her head to show an expression that was totally brought on by watching little ones do what they do. She gets so tickled by her great-g-babes, doesn't she? As soon as I snapped the shutter I heard "Mary!" Gotcha mom, and that ain't easy.
Syd looks so old in the second picture!
You are such a fun mom.........And so much more liberal than I am with getting messy. (the two go hand and hand). Come craft with my ladies. You can make Chinese lanterns.
Post a Comment